Best time to workout?

Ayy

Ayy

Awards
What's your guys favorite/best times to workout? I'm talking lifting weights, obv cardio upon rising in the am on a cut. I'm bulking and prefer lifting around 5-6 at night what do you guys think?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First thing in the morning.
I always feel like I have the best workouts and feel awesome throughout the entire day.

Ayy

Ayy

Awards
First thing eh? I'm not a morning person so this is a no go for me. I feel when I've been eating all day then go workout at night I feel best.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
best time for what?

for you, whenever you can do it consistently.

for strength/size, the russians studied this actually. i dont remember the details but memory wants to tell me that it was around 10am, then 3pm was a close second. im sure if you google it you can find more info.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
I always feel like I have the best workouts and feel awesome throughout the entire day.
Me too. My PWO is Craze and Hemavol, which makes me feel great throughout the rest of the day, but gives me time to get the Craze out of my system before bed.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
I agree 100%. I get to the gym between 5:30 and 5:45 every morning. Starts the day off great, no one is hogging the equipment, and the douchebag factor is as low as it can get.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
this ^^^^^^^^

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
I agree 100%. I get to the gym between 5:30 and 5:45 every morning. Starts the day off great, no one is hogging the equipment, and the douchebag factor is as low as it can get.
That's funny ****!

I have to go after work and after the kids go to bed - lift, eat, sleep. I like it like that but my favorite time is on the weekend... Breakfast, lift, lunch, nap... Good stuff.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Directly after work, 5:15.

I take a protein shake with DAA + Creatine + Pre-Workout at 4:30 so that I'm ready to go when i'm out of work.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I hit the gym every weekday at 0500.

Reason is ... I can workout from 5-7, and then get cleaned up to go to work. After work, I have to get my daughter from school and I'm too tired to work out at that point.

Other IMPORTANT reasons - testosterone is highest in the am after you wake up. There's no idiot's in the gym at 0500 ... only old people and a few MILFS (which are nice to look at between sets).

Go in there in the afternoon - you can't even find a parking space and, the inside of the gym is filled with young people who are in there "socializing" and trying to pick up chicks. No thanks.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
I hit the gym every weekday at 0500.

Reason is ... I can workout from 5-7, and then get cleaned up to go to work. After work, I have to get my daughter from school and I'm too tired to work out at that point.

Other IMPORTANT reasons - testosterone is highest in the am after you wake up. There's no idiot's in the gym at 0500 ... only old people and a few MILFS (which are nice to look at between sets).

Go in there in the afternoon - you can't even find a parking space and, the inside of the gym is filled with young people who are in there "socializing" and trying to pick up chicks. No thanks.
^^^ain't that the truth.

Same here but I got use to waking up at 430 and working out since Uncle Sam voluntold me ever since I joined the military. It's a great way to start the day and you know that you got your workout in and no worries at the end of the day about it.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My favorite time to go is in the afternoon. Like the OP, I absolutely love having had some food in me before I lift. I went a while trying to lift in the AM but found myself totally gassed literally 20-30 minutes into a workout. Not for me, thanks.

I currently go to the gym betwee 6-7pm, but I would much rather always go at 430-5. Any later is not that fun, but sadly that's when I've been able to make it to the gym the past 3 months.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I only train fasted (with proper supplementation obviously)... working very well for me. Amazing transformation.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think if your bulking op you want to lift in the afternoon I get about 20% of my cals in before the gym then 40% or my post workout meal and the other 20% are snacks and what not....I love having food in me before lifting

berkster

Awards
Best time is really up to you and your schedule. I used to do afternoons, but my scheduled doesn't allow that anymore so now I have to do 8am. I'm not a morning person but I've adjusted and find that it's a great start to the day.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Id say whenever schedule permits. With that said my current usual time is 4:30pm to about 6pm now. Get in sometime between then and lift for an hour and a half. Then let the feeding begin.

Ayy

Ayy

Awards
Id say whenever schedule permits. With that said my current usual time is 4:30pm to about 6pm now. Get in sometime between then and lift for an hour and a half. Then let the feeding begin.
That's what I'm sayin