weighted hanging leg raises 2 x ~10 reps

1-2x a week

all sets with maximum intensity

what do you think about it?

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
looks a little light on sets.. but idk.. it seems like it's best to do what you finds works best for you when it comes to abs

one thing i definitely like to do on weighted ab exercises is a huge drop set on the last set.. kill the **** out of your abs especially on those rope crunches..drop it by 10lb increments as many times as you can.. 6-7-8 times

also not a fan of any kind of situp, they seem to strain the rest of the body as much as they target the ab muscles

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Standing cable crunches
DB side bends
Ab wheel
Full hanging leg raises (feet to my hands)
Hypers

The term "abs" drives me ****ing nuts since it is not just your rectus abdominis that you need to train; it's also the erectors, obliques, and transverse abdominis.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i basically have kimbo slice punch me numerous times in the abdomin while squeezing on impact....

Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Awards
i basically have kimbo slice punch me numerous times in the abdomin while squeezing on impact....
Nice... there's a name I haven't heard since Petruzelli made him look foolish...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

kstr0h

Awards
i actually did them today, my routine consists of:

Bare with me, im not positive of the proper names for some of these workouts.

ab coaster - warm up set, 3 sets of weighted (keeps abs tight the whole time)

leg lifts (where you hold your self up with your elbows with your feet dangling and back against the pad)- 1 warm up, 3 weighted sets with super sets of 5 without he weight

declined sit ups- 1 warm up set, 3 weighted sets with either holding weights out over my head or someone tossing me a medicine ball on the way down (abs are also tight the whole time, never laying all the way back, catching myself right before my back hits the workout bench)

ab coaster side raises- same as first workout

exercise where you sit on the floor and stick your feet out but off the ground so your abs are being used and you take a weight and move it from one side to the other.

planks- 4 sets of 1 minute, sometimes.

all this is done within a hour or so, i take very minimal breaks

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
just because i started watching his youtube fights right before the ufc fight, i now know better...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just because i started watching his youtube fights right before the ufc fight, i now know better...
You must have missed the fight where he got his ass beat by Sean Gannon, who then got his ass handed to him by Branden Lee Hinkle.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
ehhh lost interest after the seth fight

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i havent seen the ones you mention, ive only seen a few...