Mass building

cg123

Awards
Hey I have done full body routines. Then three day splits now a kind of 4 day split. My main goal is to bulk up and gain muscle like. I have gained a lot of weight in the past year and a half. My main goal is arms and bodybuilding basically. What routine should I switch to?

themondtster

themondtster

Awards
Few questions.
Age?
Height?
Weight?
What type of training have you done in the past?
Current maxes or weight range you train in?
And any other things about yourself might help people steer you in the right direction.

supraseed48

supraseed48

Awards
And whats ur diet like?

cg123

Awards
17 6'1 190. Gained a lot of weight in the past year and a half

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Few questions.
Age?
Height?
Weight?
What type of training have you done in the past?
Current maxes or weight range you train in?
And any other things about yourself might help people steer you in the right direction.
^ This.. And on a bulk it's not much about your ROUTINE it's more about your workout intensity and your diet.... Pound up the food, take in clean and healthy foods if you want a clean bulk... Pound the food as well as the weights and pound em hard... Keep a real clean diet and you won't add fats. Keep a medium clean diet and you'll add a lil bit of fat (just like me, but that can be controlled by adding some fair cardio, which is what I have started about a week ago) Keep a **** food plan like fast foods and all unhealthy foods you will prolly gain only FAT!.

themondtster

themondtster

Awards
^ This.. And on a bulk it's not much about your ROUTINE it's more about your workout intensity and your diet.... Pound up the food, take in clean and healthy foods if you want a clean bulk... Pound the food as well as the weights and pound em hard... Keep a real clean diet and you won't add fats. Keep a medium clean diet and you'll add a lil bit of fat (just like me, but that can be controlled by adding some fair cardio, which is what I have started about a week ago) Keep a **** food plan like fast foods and all unhealthy foods you will prolly gain only FAT!.
Exactly. Find out about how many cals you're taking in now, clean it up if necessary, then increase a couple hundred cals a week till you're at desired intake. Lots of clean meats and vegetables, especially green vegetables. Only take shakes in morning, night, or after work out and make sure they are low in sugar. Nuts and fruits as snacks between meals. Get most of your calorie and protein intake from healthy meals not shakes.

As far as routine I suggest Sl5x5 or Starting Strength... which are close to the same thing. Start light cause it will get harder soon enough. Then from there move on to something like 5/3/1 program or madcows. After while and you build a good strength base then start cycling between strength and volume.