Does Wendler's 'Big But Boring' program actually work? - AnabolicMinds.com

Does Wendler's 'Big But Boring' program actually work?

1. Palko

Does Wendler's 'Big But Boring' program actually work?

hi guys im into my 2nd week of month 2 of this program - i think i can feel the some difference but im not sure. the only area that i dont think i feel any difference in/getting weaker is my chest.

has anyone completed this 3 month program who can tell me if it is as effective as it says?

thanks

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

i have known many people to do that program and that specific accessory part. poking around online it seems the big but boring seems to be the popular choice. in all cases it seems that progress is going to happen. as long as you follow it as written, eat enough, and sleep enough.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Boring but big isn't a program. It's an assistance template for 5/3/1.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

BBB template isn't meant as strength assistance. It's volume work, for size, using only the compound movements. Is that what you want?

If you're just aiming for strength gains, there are better 5/3/1 templates out there. If you are aiming for hypertrophy as a side product to your strength gains from 5/3/1, it's decent...but why not just do the Periodization Bible assistance lifts and choose exactly what you want to do and add in some isolation? Do you already have some decent size to you?
    Is that your main goal (to grow)?

5/3/1 is not a 3 month program. If that's how you view it, it's not for you. You sound like you want a bodybuilding program that you change often.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  5. Palko

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    BBB template isn't meant as strength assistance. It's volume work, for size, using only the compound movements. Is that what you want?

If you're just aiming for strength gains, there are better 5/3/1 templates out there. If you are aiming for hypertrophy as a side product to your strength gains from 5/3/1, it's decent...but why not just do the Periodization Bible assistance lifts and choose exactly what you want to do and add in some isolation? Do you already have some decent size to you?
    Is that your main goal (to grow)?

5/3/1 is not a 3 month program. If that's how you view it, it's not for you. You sound like you want a bodybuilding program that you change often.

I am aiming to grow in both size and strength, so im not just focused on one. I'm unfamiliar with the Periodization Bible assistance lifts i'll do some research

As for my size i am currently sitting at 70 kg's and i am about 6 foot if not a bit taller.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Your best bet would be to buy the 5/3/1 book off of Amazon or Wendler's site.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 12:41 AM
  2. Irish Cannon's Dermacrine LV + HD-2 Log (Wendler PL Program)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 08:26 PM
  3. My Work Out Program
    By PoundforPound in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 01:24 PM