Does anyone still use the routines of the classic physique champions?

1. Does anyone still use the routines of the classic physique champions?

I was looking at the training styles from the drug free era. I saw that Steve Reaves used a total body workout 3 days a week. Does anyone use or advocate these programs anymore?

2. i use a variation of the Steve Reeves 3 day full body routine.

for me personally it provides the best results (GVT and a 3 day Heavy, Medium, Light with one set of 20 rep squats were fun too) and is only 3 days a week Better strength and mass gain off of a three day full body than a 4 day split. for me at least.

3. I used full body routines for years. Wasn't until I started focusing on PL'ing that I found a split to be more helpful.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

4. Great. Thanks for the help guys. Reps when I get to a computer.
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.

5. like anything else - try it for a month and see what you think

6. I was considering doing it one day heavy (3-5rm), one day lighter (12rm). 3 sets per body part except for back(3 row and 3 chins). Also using an interval timer set at 2 & 1/2 minutes. This would give me roughly 2 minutes rest between sets. I could do the whole body and 15 of cardio in just over an hour.
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.

7. google HLM 20 rep squats and click on the second link that comes up (forget-steroids-5-fullbody-workouts-for-serious-gains) or on the same site search for steve reeves. solid info there.

Similar Forum Threads

1. classic bodybuiler physique/routine
    By wookie429 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 03:37 AM
  2. The 2007 Stanley Cup champions are...
    By somewhatgifted in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 12:33 PM
  3. B12: Shot of champions?
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 10:46 PM
  4. night of champions?
    By glenihan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 08:00 PM