CORE Exercises (Looking for some suggestions)

  1. CORE Exercises (Looking for some suggestions)


    I've been neglecting my core. I just do the traditional muscle groups, and the big three lifts primarily with a few ancillary lifts. But I'm looking to splash in some core work to my routine, and possibly even dedicate a solo day to it.

    Curious what you guys are doing as far as exercises and/or routines and how you rotate in your core work. Thanks for the input!


  2. http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ore_training_1

    i do that. and i also recently got the book combat core and i have a lot on dr mcgill and have one of his DVDs as well. i do something for my trunk every workout.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ore_training_1

    i do that. and i also recently got the book combat core and i have a lot on dr mcgill and have one of his DVDs as well. i do something for my trunk every workout.
    Those hip flexions with neutral spine exercises look pretty cool. I'll have to give them a try sometime.

    I personally like standing ab curls on the lat pulldown, dragon flags, that one exercise where you hang from a neutral-grip pullup bar and raise your feet/legs so they're towards the ceiling and lowering with a negative, and pushups-to-planks.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ore_training_1

    i do that. and i also recently got the book combat core and i have a lot on dr mcgill and have one of his DVDs as well. i do something for my trunk every workout.
    Awesome link and I'll check out that book for sure. Great resources!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Those hip flexions with neutral spine exercises look pretty cool. I'll have to give them a try sometime.

    I personally like standing ab curls on the lat pulldown.

    i do that one a lot. my abs are a still sore from those on sunday.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  6. I'm going to start doing core Today. Dedicate Wed for core since I've been neglecting it for so long and it is causing me injuries. It will be interesting to see how sore I will be tomorrow. I will post my routine once I finalize it Tonight for input

  7. Quote Originally Posted by fadi View Post
    I'm going to start doing core Today. Dedicate Wed for core since I've been neglecting it for so long and it is causing me injuries. It will be interesting to see how sore I will be tomorrow. I will post my routine once I finalize it Tonight for input
    Right on! Let us know how it goes. I'd also like to import what Rodja had to say on the matter of core exercises he'd recommend from a separate thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Standing cable crunches, ab wheel, DB side bends, full leg raises.

  8. Woodchoppers.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by fadi View Post
    I'm going to start doing core Today. Dedicate Wed for core since I've been neglecting it for so long and it is causing me injuries. It will be interesting to see how sore I will be tomorrow. I will post my routine once I finalize it Tonight for input
    i would not recommend doing one huge day. you need your core for many lifts. if you wipe it out in one days workout then you suffer in workouts for several days after. you may even prolong the recovery as you continue to work your core by using it on other days.

    i would say 2 days a week would do you better as you can spread the load and therefore not require so much recovery time. or you can do a little at the end of every workout. i actually do 2 lighter core exercises as part of my warmup and 1-2 heavy core exercises at the end of each workout. each warm up is specific to the workout and i cycle through 4 different core focused exercises at the end. the 4 are what i got from that link i posted earlier, the 21st century core training.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    i would not recommend doing one huge day. you need your core for many lifts. if you wipe it out in one days workout then you suffer in workouts for several days after. you may even prolong the recovery as you continue to work your core by using it on other days.

    i would say 2 days a week would do you better as you can spread the load and therefore not require so much recovery time. or you can do a little at the end of every workout. i actually do 2 lighter core exercises as part of my warmup and 1-2 heavy core exercises at the end of each workout. each warm up is specific to the workout and i cycle through 4 different core focused exercises at the end. the 4 are what i got from that link i posted earlier, the 21st century core training.
    That is a concern I have. I'm hoping I would adjust like other days and recover faster. My problem is that I tend to be washed out by end of my workouts and I will need to reduce/adjust my routine.

    I am planning on keeping it light at the beginning and if it affects my other days then I will just spread it after my other lifts and reduce the sets or workouts.

  11. lguihl g

    ^Thats how I sub in to read through later.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    We can't be affected we must just be injected. Injected with knowledge.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/193825-operation-spring-break.html

  12. Planks 3x45 seconds hold
    Cable Crunshes 3x10
    Reverse Crunshes 2x10
    Cable Rope Rotation 2x10
    Side Planks 2x45 seconds hold
    Hyperextentions 2x10
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Suggestions on body weight exercises?
    By gaijininjapan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 10:30 AM
  2. good core exercises?
    By p00ndawg in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 01:02 AM
  3. Core ZAP...and Sushi!!! (Win A Bottle of CORE ZAP Inside)
    By dbc5 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Log in
Log in