• Established
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'll watch later. Thx

zacharius

Awards
How cool would that be to have him as a trainer??

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Its an awsome routine. The pump i get from it is crazzzzyyyyy! even though its only 3 total work sets for chest for example! On chest day it felt like it was popping out of my skin. I train alone so i sub barbells for dumbbells so i can reach failure and dump them ect. I had bad doms for around 4-6days on the first week haha.

Was a little concerned with over training the CNS on this routine, But i found that if i add in more rest days between workouts EG: Mike mentzers style where ill add say 3 days between workouts or 2 or even more whatever, depending on how i felt i was recovered on that day, or how my sleep was that night food ect ect ect.....

Other then that only on 5th week wife says she can see a difference in noticeable muscle size, I honestly cant but im my own biggest critic lol. I use a slightly slower rep cadence then he uses like 2-4sec neg mainly 4 then 2sec pos

Will do 6th week take 1-2week deload or off then reset and continue! Was contemplating running MaxOT for a good few months after this. But i have really fallen in love with this HIT style training. Busted out the old Mentzer books i have gathering dust in the book case haha.
Even though dorians warmup sets are just like ramping but whatever hahaha

This style of training also suits me well as i have a few injuries and i cant always throw around really heavy weight at the moment. But having that slow rep cadence allows me to lighten the weight and not bother my injury's at all while still getting that intensity!

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
i have been using DY HIT style for a while. I feel this is the only way to get an ectomorph mass, its what has helped me alot.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i have been using DY HIT style for a while. I feel this is the only way to get an ectomorph mass, its what has helped me alot.
I'm not an ecto so I dunno lol

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
I've been contemplating trying this for awhile. Watching those videos really makes me want to start it

zacharius

Awards
I can't gain weight worth a crap but these work outs are awesome... three weeks in i can see a huge difference.

Shoota

Awards
Would this workout be good for me? Im an ectomorph trying to gain size, weight and strength.. Im currently 5'10, 182lbs... I have always really done a basic split like chest & tris, back & bis, shoulders and then legs.. Ive been lifting for about 3.5 years and im 19 years old.

Im just wondering if this would help me? I dont want to lose any size or weight with this low volume.. What do you all think?

zacharius

Awards
Would this workout be good for me? Im an ectomorph trying to gain size, weight and strength.. Im currently 5'10, 182lbs... I have always really done a basic split like chest & tris, back & bis, shoulders and then legs.. Ive been lifting for about 3.5 years and im 19 years old.

Im just wondering if this would help me? I dont want to lose any size or weight with this low volume.. What do you all think?
I also am an ecto i started the d.c. workout very similar to this. slow negatives hit.. all that. it works great but you have to go balls to the wall or it wont work. dont forget carbs are your friend;)

supraseed48

supraseed48

Awards

Are you familiar with training to and beyond failure? This program recruits those techniques. It's brutal and intense. It's a lower volume regiment and only 6 weeks to minimize stress to the cns(central nervous system). To utilize this program to it's maximum potential you need a partner or @ least someone who knows how to spot CORRECTLY. You do this routine right and get the right rest and nutrition it will spark new growth. But on the other hand if you don't bust a$$ on it or hook up with a crap partner or spotter this low volume training could set you back due to the lack of muscle stim. You need to get a feel of how much weight you can handle to do this right . Not too much and not too little. Training to failure and beyond on every excercise is a different world compared to the standard 3 to 4 set fixed rep per muscle. If you have the proper understanding of DY's techniques and the proper resources to run this program right, go for it. Don't let the "low volume" discourage you. @ 3.5 years of training you are scratching the surface of weight training, dont get caught up in status quo of what everyone else is doing in the gym and trying to replicate that. That will prevent gains faster than this low volume routine ever will. Good luck to ya bro....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Are you familiar with training to and beyond failure? This program recruits those techniques. It's brutal and intense. It's a lower volume regiment and only 6 weeks to minimize stress to the cns(central nervous system). To utilize this program to it's maximum potential you need a partner or @ least someone who knows how to spot CORRECTLY. You do this routine right and get the right rest and nutrition it will spark new growth. But on the other hand if you don't bust a$$ on it or hook up with a crap partner or spotter this low volume training could set you back due to the lack of muscle stim. You need to get a feel of how much weight you can handle to do this right . Not too much and not too little. Training to failure and beyond on every excercise is a different world compared to the standard 3 to 4 set fixed rep per muscle. If you have the proper understanding of DY's techniques and the proper resources to run this program right, go for it. Don't let the "low volume" discourage you. @ 3.5 years of training you are scratching the surface of weight training, dont get caught up in status quo of what everyone else is doing in the gym and trying to replicate that. That will prevent gains faster than this low volume routine ever will. Good luck to ya bro....
So are there different methods that work on different body types?

supraseed48

supraseed48

Awards
So are there different methods that work on different body types?
For different goals yes, body types not that I'm aware of. The to and beyond failure technique is employed to recruit the intense use of slow twitch muscle fiber, and that is the method. Something you want to do for any body type to stimulate new muscle growth. I see lots of guys using dc and 5x5 for the same purpose. The beyond failure technique if done correctly( competent spotter a must) has the potential of breaking muscle down the most. Lower volume and short runs are the only way to do it effectively. Your diet, split and rest days need to be right on. Ectos are longer & leaner than meso's and endo's but still need to work the slow twitch to get mass and strength. The dietary needs of the 3 would be the largest variance in the programs if the goals were the same for DY, DC or a 5x5 program.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll have to keep this in mind then... ecto all the way.

supraseed48

supraseed48

Awards
Did the DY back routine 2day. The only thing I added was 3 sets of slow pullups @ the beginning of the routine. The rest I followed to the T. With the 1 minute rest between sets I could not handle any more volume in this w/o. Had leg training type nausea from the routine. Hoorah, That's what im talkin about!!

kowalsik

Awards
negatives are key

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing a variation of the program this week...It definitely puts you in your place, and quick. I feel more from doing this type of training than I ever have by other methods. Those negative movements and going to failure is harsh.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Curious to know what gains you've made while using this style of training?

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Curious if there are ways to make this type of training work without a partner/spotter?

I work out alone and would love to try this but am unsure if it would work for me without the assistance.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curious if there are ways to make this type of training work without a partner/spotter?

I work out alone and would love to try this but am unsure if it would work for me without the assistance.
On some things it would work out. Like you can do static holds and half reps to help take it to failure. Given the chance to lift with someone or do this routine solo I would work with someone.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
On some things it would work out. Like you can do static holds and half reps to help take it to failure. Given the chance to lift with someone or do this routine solo I would work with someone.
Yea, thats kinda what I was thinking...

Could this still work by just using the principles but swapping some of the exercises? For example swaping BB for DB? My guess is yes, just looking for another opinion

zacharius

Awards
Yea, thats kinda what I was thinking...

Could this still work by just using the principles but swapping some of the exercises? For example swaping BB for DB? My guess is yes, just looking for another opinion
Yeah absolutely i am at a sticking point on incline bb so i will switch to incline db try to keep my strength going up. Try it out mix it up.