Flat BB or Incline DB first?

Shoota

Awards
What do you think is best to start with on chest day? Flat BB Press or Incline DB Press?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i focus on bb incline and decline on chest days, i feel that incline builds my chest more than flat ever did...i do incline, decline, incline flies, weighted dips...

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually switch between BB Flat (guilty of not switching from this sometimes) and BB Incline. You can lift the most weight with the BB so feel it works best to hit some heavy sets right out of the gate fresh.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Flat then DB work or dips for assistance work.

Tboz

Banned
Awards
go with the part of your chest that is lagging first... That way you have better chance for growth in that area

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i focus on bb incline and decline on chest days, i feel that incline builds my chest more than flat ever did...i do incline, decline, incline flies, weighted dips...
This is great advice...All the way from "Goose Creek SC" LOL
I went to Clemson so I hope your not a Game**** Fan

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I do incline bb bench at a low incline, then flat db press, then decline flies. I was thinking about switching to flat flies and decline db bench press. Idk if this would help build my chest more, but I've been thinking about trying it. I've been doing bb incline presses for awhile now and flat presses with the bar feel awkward, even though I press at a low incline like 30 degree.

Roniboney

Awards
Well most need to pull-up their upper pecs so I would say the incline movements first.

I usually alternate anyways,my chest days always focus on incline then flat pressing.Alternate it between db,barbell and machine pressing.Works a charm