MWF Routine

swb311

Awards
I'm starting an LSAT class in a week that's going to prevent me from working out on Tuesday and Thursday. I'm looking to continue strength training (about 5-8 reps) with a few volume exercises mixed in. I've been working out daily and have good gains. What kind of workout would be best, I've looked at an upper/lower A/B workout and some have suggested a push/pull split, but I've never tried one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can you workout saturday? If so Id recommend 5/3/1 split onto m/w/f/sat

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Why not a old school Fullbody? Thats exactly how there laid out?

swb311

Awards
I've done full-body before and I liked it, however I felt like I was neglecting some of my smaller muscles. Definitely thinking ab it though. Just seeing what's out there.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
jhughes4

jhughes4

Awards
  • Established
Do it man, there is a lot of specified details and make sure u pay attention to them all, the log book the amount of rest the diet, it's a great training program if u learn all the aspects and pay attention to the detail.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The DC website is IntenseMuscle.com. Everything about it is on there and some.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Can you workout saturday? If so Id recommend 5/3/1 split onto m/w/f/sat
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/hardcore-look-at-jim-wendlers-5-3-1-powerlifting-system.html

that link shows how to do 5/3/1 on a 3 day a week split. i also have done it where i combined overheads with squats. you could do overheads with deads too.

5x5 programs have you do 3 days a week. i would start with starting strength. if you have been at it for some time you can try the texas method of madcow variations.

between those and DC there are several awesome 3 day a week strength programs.

swb311

Awards
Awesome thanks guys. Anybody ever experiment with throwing in some hypertropy days/exercises in these workouts? I'm currently on a layne nortons PHAT routine and like it a lot. It just requires every day

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Awesome thanks guys. Anybody ever experiment with throwing in some hypertropy days/exercises in these workouts? I'm currently on a layne nortons PHAT routine and like it a lot. It just requires every day
that link i referenced has several accessory setups. one just for hypertrophy. although everyone i know that has done 5/3/1 and done the boring but big has seen the best results from that setup. and it can be 3-4 days a week.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

My current routine is 5/3/1 with Periodization Bible assistance work, with the assistance work being solely for hypertrophy. I used to only do Boring But Big on squat day, but am actually going to change that up so I squat heavy one day and squat light with lots of volume on another. I can't just squat once per week. Right now I am squatting 3 times per week, but I am not doing 5/3/1 squats within JW's template, just linear progression, +5 pounds per session. Once that tailors off, I'm switching to the twice per week squats, keeping the heavy squat day within the 5/3/1 template. You really can program this however you like, that's the beauty of it. Definitely get the new 5/3/1 book if you want to learn more.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
I think I wanna go back to 3 day a weeks. I havent made gains at all like I used to (when I did 3 days). Any other options? DC looks cool and all, but geeze its got its own dam forum of people trying to figure it out! Theres gotta be a more straight forward 3 dayer!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 4
Training Forum 11
muddertougher Training Forum 0
LMuscle Male Anti-Aging Medicine 20
hypo Training Forum 5