muscle help??

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
alright guys here's the deal...
I had a competition on Saturday morning and here it is money and I was working out chest and triceps...I was feeling great all day, very energized and right in the middle of my sets if bench it hit me...my chest and triceps just started to give out on me...not in the sense that they are sore or tight, but in the sense that they felt heavy??? i have never felt this way before...I have over trained before and it was on accident and it didn't feel like this...so what is it? it kind of scares me....what is it when your muscles feel heavy??

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some form of neural impingement at the shoulder and/or infraspinatus impingement most likley.

Br

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
Some form of neural impingement at the shoulder and/or infraspinatus impingement most likley.

Br
not to sure what that means but it sounds bad...what can I do to speed up the process of recovery then? I only work chest as a primary muscle once a week and that was Monday so I'm done focusing on chest for the week...given points of flex in the chest will occur In other lifts but what can I do at home to help?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
not to sure what that means but it sounds bad...what can I do to speed up the process of recovery then? I only work chest as a primary muscle once a week and that was Monday so I'm done focusing on chest for the week...given points of flex in the chest will occur In other lifts but what can I do at home to help?
In other words, the nerves that activate those muscles are pinched between two pieces of tissue (usually bone and bursa) and/or inflammed, and thus cannot send the message to your muscle to contract. Also, the infraspinatus is one of the rotator cuffs, and it's likely that its tendon is also impinged, thus when it contracts it doesn't actually pull on the bone, create movement, or lend support to the exercise.

I've wrote a ton on here about shoulder impingement, why it happens and how to work to correct it.

Br