training twice in one day...quick thoughts

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
did a 45 min front, side, and rear delt wo this morning from 8am to 8:45am...used 2 scoops purp wraath intra/post followed by a high calorie shake few hours later. its currently 1pm and was wondering the thoughts on a 20-30min super set bi workout?

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Generally speaking its always better two split your workouts into two sessions per day. It leads to a better metabolic response, and a better hormone response. Hoping Zir Red or mattsamms chimes in on this one.

Most Olympic athletes will split their training into two sessions per day. Granted that doesn't mean you should do a heavy squat workout then a heavy back workout. Split one workout into two.

However, shoulders and arms tend to be less stress on your body overall so you can do those on the same day no problem.

I say go for it!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Generally speaking its always better two split your workouts into two sessions per day. It leads to a better metabolic response, and a better hormone response. Hoping Zir Red or mattsamms chimes in on this one.

Most Olympic athletes will split their training into two sessions per day. Granted that doesn't mean you should do a heavy squat workout then a heavy back workout. Split one workout into two.

However, shoulders and arms tend to be less stress on your body overall so you can do those on the same day no problem.

I say go for it!
Exactly what I came here to say. Wish I had the time to do two-a-days still; did 'em for years...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
awsome....i decided not to do it today but will try and use the routine for arms in the future...