Critque my training routine

21 years old, recover fairly quick.
    Day 1-Back/Bi's/Forearms/Abs
    Day 2-Chest/Light Cardio
    Day 3-Legs/Calves/Abs
    Day 4-Shoulders/Traps/Triceps
    Day 5-REST
    Repeat.
    I've been doing this for quite awhile now and I focus so much on my diet, supplements, and routines but do you think I'm getting enough rest with this split? Any suggestions or thoughts.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

i would put a rest day after day 2. then have 2 rest days after shoulders.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  3. Ω Omega Sports Ω

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    i would put a rest day after day 2. then have 2 rest days after shoulders.
    I agree.
    It would very much help you to get a little rest in between it all; especially after Chest, Back, Bi's, and Abs. Take a day after to rest up and then continue with the rest of your schedule.

Good Luck!
    Omega Sports Representative
    The Omega Vision Honor. Integrity. Trust.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Yeah, most splits are 1/2/Rest/3/4/Rest/Rest. On your rest days you can cardio or do your ab work on those days.

Seems like your doing something similar to what I just posted. Wanna try being my guinea pig on this?

First Created Program - Critique
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Thanks guys, and even if I'm 21 years old? I've always had a problem taking too many rest days (not that I over train) but i enjoy being in the gym a little too much lol
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

go to the gym everyday for conditioning, or after decades of lifting to be an elite bodybuilder and you are all kinds of vitamin S. otherwise you need the time off to let the body grow.

here is how i like to think is what happens after a workout. first you replenish energy system stores. next you improve nervous system adaptation. then you make the muscle bigger. it all happens in that order with no overlap. so if you hammer yourself again the next day you are back to step 1 without finishing the steps needed from the previous day. not sure if any of that is accurate. it was told to me as way to remember that rest & recovery is important in getting stronger and bigger. train hard, rest hard.

now maybe your conditioning level allows you to train 4 days straight and still see progress. i know when i used to train 5-7 days a week was when i was in great shape and my conditioning allowed me to go and go and go and go and repeat the next day. i was also doing sprint and olympic distance triathlons. most people dont have the conditioning for that. and even with my tris, my best performances are when i cut down from 7 days a week to 5 and increased my intensity in training while lowering volume on all days except 2 times a month i would do a long brick ride/run for 3-4 hours.

i keep coming with crazy workouts now, but i usually just go back to my endurance training days and simplify it to what i used then. funny thing that people keep asking me if i am doing a conjugate system or block periodization. and all i am doing is structuring it like an endurance athlete. even though i train to compete in powerlifting nowadays.

my point is, quality of quantity while get your further then quality. work hard, rest hard.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Much appreciated it asooneyeonig!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Is your routine Heavy or volume? Need about 72 between body parts and two days off with at least one of your days off on your ass doing nothing but recouping.

Monday. Legs, back,(squats,leg,press, goodmoring, rows,pullups,pulldowns,etc.)
    Tuesday. Chest, shoulders,traps(flatbench,flys ,dips,ohp,upright row, shrugs,etc.)
    Wednesday. Off...or cadio
    Thursday. Legs, back ( deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts,leg curls, db rows, cable rows, etc.)
    Friday. Chest, shoulders, traps. ( incline bench, pullover, db press, mp, db raises, face pulls, etc.)
    Saturday. Off....cardio and abs
    Sunday. Off....nothing at all but sleep and eat.

Or any kind of mix of that. Everybody is different but most people muscle heal within 72 as long as you didn't go over board with routine.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

I know this thread was a little bit ago but I have a question. So i've decided for try Day1-Back/Bi's Day2-Chest Day3-OFF Day4-Legs Day5-Shoulders/Traps/Triceps Day6-OFF. Now my question is, I hate doing abs after legs (for day 5) because leg raises blow when you can hardly even walk. It almost ruins my ab workout. Now, since summer is coming up I'm really trying to hit my abs hard and would it be ok if i did abs on both off days? The reason I ask this is because legs is the day after abs.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Abs on your off days is fine, you can also try to switch your legs and shoulders day if you wanted to do that as well. Also if you are gonna do cardio, you can do those on off days as well
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT in regards to the training routine?
    By barbar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 12:13 PM
  2. how is this training routine?
    By iknowwhoyouar in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 05:03 PM
  3. possible dc training routine?
    By doc1988 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 04:21 PM
  4. Training Routine
    By ShakesAllDay in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 02:56 PM
  5. how's this training routine for a 34 yr old?
    By roadkill in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 11:21 AM