How to build Stamina

ritampatra

Awards
I live soccer.So,I want to increase my stamina ...What are the exercise and the routine I should follow to run run and run continuously for 90 mins without getting tired.At present , I cannot run even more than 30 mins before that I body gets stiff and gradually gets slow and tired ,and thus cannot concentrate on the remaining part of the match .....I want to know the secret how in the hell Messi,Ronaldinho,Ronaldo and all the soccer players could continuously run like that .........How they train themselves?????

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
go to runnersworld.com. they have a program generator.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Realize two things. First, those athletes you mentioned are some of the best athletes in the world. They have both the genetics, the effort, and the time to train and get themselves in that condition.

Second, soccer is not the same as endurance running. The energy systems and movement patterns are entirely different.

A forward in a typical pro soccer game will probably cover 10,000 m total. This breaks down into about:

1500m walking
1000m all out sprinting
1500m jogging about 55% vo2max
1500m running about 95% vo2max

Then of course, there are all the changes in direction.

Now, soccer players do not run this much every single day. A high level soccer player with one match a week may train like this:

Sunday: Match
Monday: Rest/active recovery
Tuesday: 15 min warm up, 30 min of technical/tactical work, 20 min of play, 20 min of high intensity aerobic conditioning, 15 min cool down
Wed: Strength training in the AM; Warm up, technical work, speed endurance training PM
Thurs: Warm up, 20 min technical work, 30-40 min play
Fri: Warm up, longer sprint training, play
Sat: Warm up, shorter sprint training, play (reduced workout)

Br

Check out this article for more info, and some ideas of how to set up training programs:

Journal of Sports Sciences
Publication details, including instructions for authors and subscription information:
http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t713721847
Physical and metabolic demands of training and match-play in the elite
football player
Jens Bangsbo a; Magni Mohr a; Peter Krustrup a
a Institute of Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen Muscle Research
Centre, Copenhagen, Denmark