The Rocks Routine

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The rock had a routine where he doing chest, back, BIs, calves, 5 sets each muscle group with 30 second rest periods. He did a 5 minute cardio warm up, 5 minute cool down and 12 minute high intensity.
That was done on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Then he did the exact the same thing for quads, hams, shoulders, triceps on Tues, Thus, Sat.

Seems extreme but I'm thinking about giving it a go! I think he was eating lean and clean low Cals too, if I did this at maintenance or surplus would the outcome be legit or is this 1 hell of an advance work out?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
do you have the rocks work capacity? his recovery capacity? his sleep patterns?

if not that may staple you into the floor. so dont be surprised when you cannot get it all done.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

if not that may staple you into the floor. so dont be surprised when you cannot get it all done.
Only 1 way to see if to try right?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Or I may split it up and doe either:

A, B, A week 1
B, A, B week 2

Or hit it 4 times a week with

A,B,A,B

It's not like I have to do that in stone, I think the 4 days would be better vs. The alternating bi weekly schedule, but either would work I may give the 4 day week deal a try.

SuperMachoMan

SuperMachoMan

Awards
i dont like how the rock looks at all. Frank Zane or Mike Mentzer

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
15 sets per muscle group total per week? Cake. Change up the movements each day, eat like hell and you'll be fine.
Yeah or I can even do 10 sets a week each muscle group...
Should I attempt it at the full 15 sets a week or kick a day off each group?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Yep.

When it comes to designing workout routines and diets, to each their own. Yeah, it's okay to use an already existing workout plan as a schematic to build your own. I mean, you do have to start somewhere. But eventually you should be crafting a plan to suit your individual needs. You hear this all the time but I don't think a lot of people grasp what it really means.

What I've done over the years is take bits and pieces out of different workout routines and philosophies and slapped something kind of unique together that I've found works best for me. But you find yourself learning all the time. I wish I knew what I know now three years ago.. Five years ago. In high school... My god, if I could only go back and not be wasting so much time haha. I'm still learning all the time.

But yeah, go ahead and try this workout if you want. Make sure you change pace if you find yourself feeling overtrained. But if you wanna try it, why not?

I wouldn't lol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yep.

When it comes to designing workout routines and diets, to each their own. Yeah, it's okay to use an already existing workout plan as a schematic to build your own. I mean, you do have to start somewhere. But eventually you should be crafting a plan to suit your individual needs. You hear this all the time but I don't think a lot of people grasp what it really means.

What I've done over the years is take bits and pieces out of different workout routines and philosophies and slapped something kind of unique together that I've found works best for me. But you find yourself learning all the time. I wish I knew what I know now three years ago.. Five years ago. In high school... My god, if I could only go back and not be wasting so much time haha. I'm still learning all the time.

But yeah, go ahead and try this workout if you want. Make sure you change pace if you find yourself feeling overtrained. But if you wanna try it, why not?

I wouldn't lol
Why wouldn't you try it?

As you said every1 body is different.
& a routine can always change and they don't have to be set in stone, I already posted a modification on it...

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, first off, it's a 6 day routine. I like having at least two full rest days in my routine. I'm systematically trying to improve my body rather than pretend I'm training like Rocky in his movies haha (like some people in the gym seem to be doing)... By the way, I'm not saying that's what the Rock is doing here.

Also, there's a good chance the Rock is taking something anabolic/androgenic. No doubt this guy has good genetics. The point here being that if you're "on" then you can afford to have more work volume.

If I was in the Rock's position, I would make sure to keep my body looking as good as possible. I mean, that's how he gets work. He's an okay actor (wrestling?) but it's his body and size that get him roles. Hollywood doesn't have a steroid drug policy (Stallone, case and point haha) so if you're a big dude trying to get action movies, then why not?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Well, first off, it's a 6 day routine. I like having at least two full rest days in my routine. I'm systematically trying to improve my body rather than pretend I'm training like Rocky in his movies haha (like some people in the gym seem to be doing)... By the way, I'm not saying that's what the Rock is doing here.

Also, there's a good chance the Rock is taking something anabolic/androgenic. No doubt this guy has good genetics. The point here being that if you're "on" then you can afford to have more work volume.

If I was in the Rock's position, I would make sure to keep my body looking as good as possible. I mean, that's how he gets work. He's an okay actor (wrestling?) but it's his body and size that get him roles. Hollywood doesn't have a steroid drug policy (Stallone, case and point haha) so if you're a big dude trying to get action movies, then why not?
Yeah I found it, it looked unique but I would in no way shape or form run it for 6 days a week.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Only one way to find out. No struggle = No progress; Keep pushing forward!

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Give it a try bro. Don't listen to ppl saying "oh that's The Rock's routine not yours" who cares!! No1 here can say they never got bored of their routine and watched some workout videos on YouTube and said "hey lemme try that" or used that routine as a blueprint to create a new routine for yourself... Good luck

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Give it a try bro. Don't listen to ppl saying "oh that's The Rock's routine not yours" who cares!! No1 here can say they never got bored of their routine and watched some workout videos on YouTube and said "hey lemme try that" or used that routine as a blueprint to create a new routine for yourself... Good luck
Thanks bro.
I was going to try it reguardless lol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nope. Gained tons of mass and hit my strongest dl and squat using this approach. It's a combination of Chad Waterbury and Christian Thibaudeau's work. Without asking about rep/intensity/rest/calories, you can't make any assumptions about a routine. :)
I was speaking to the routine I posted...
& the rock used it to shed bodyfat.
He diet was strick and rest periods was 30 seconds and they say he got 8 hours of sleep a night.