Abs while bulking? - AnabolicMinds.com

Abs while bulking?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  176 lbs.

Abs while bulking?

I am still bulking and I want to know if I should start doing ab work again. Will it possibly show or help even on a bulk?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

yea mean will it keep your core strong balanced assuming your doing proper posterior work? yes
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

yes you should. do it for the sake of a strong trunk and stable spine. not just for show.

with strong abz you can overhead press more, squat more, deadlift more, etc. so why NOT do it???
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bulk = building muscle

Why wouldn't you want to build abdominal muscle? And besides the point, bulking really isn't meant to be just eating so much that you gain a ton of fat and say goodbye to your abs, too (though you'd obviously lose some definition and crispness).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  5. New Member

Was guna post a question along the same lines so thought I'd include it in here... If BF percentage is too high for abs to show yet I still train abs, will they show when I lose the body fat? May seem like an obvious question but wouldn't want to put in unnecessary work.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo1
    Was guna post a question along the same lines so thought I'd include it in here... If BF percentage is too high for abs to show yet I still train abs, will they show when I lose the body fat? May seem like an obvious question but wouldn't want to put in unnecessary work.
    ABS are bodyfat related.....that's it. Training ABS does little to nothing for appearance. The lower the bodyfat, the better your ABS come in
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

I'm not sure that is technically true. I think the most common problem with "ab work" is the misconception that hundred of reps of crunches and sit-ups will help.
    Abs SHOW more with low body fat, but if the muscles are small and weak, then even with low body fat your abs will not look great.
    If your bulking plan includes gaining some extra fat, continue to work your abs to build a strong core and you will be glad you did when you cut later on.
    One of the best ways to work abs and core is heavy squats and heavy deadlifts, but if you want to add some isolation "ab" work, then it won't hurt.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
  2. steroid bulking vs regular bulking
    By bbkhan87 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 03:27 PM
  3. bulking
    By cowboys in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 04:10 PM
  4. bulking