testing out the isolator

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.17%

testing out the isolator

Dave from isolatorfitness.com has been kind enough to supply me with an isolator as long as I post YouTube vids of me testing it SOOOO here is vid #1. I will use it each workout and post a new video each time.

Cpl of notes here...
    1. It takes a set or so to get used to...there is a SLIGHT learning curve with each ex but once you perform a set or 2 your golden.

2. Use the protective cuffs for back work. I tried a set without them and it felt like a friction burn.

3. Check and make sure the cuffs are in the same position and did not move before starting another set...I did not and it had moved on the sleeve and I got a lill friction burn again.

Here ya go... Vid #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vpV...e_gdata_player
    When you leave this world, will it be a better place because you were here?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Follow me then. I have been using the isolator since last year. Awesome stuff.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.76%

So you're taking the biceps involvement out of a rowing motion here? I'd rather just keep the biceps involved and stimulate more muscle. I can see that it's called the Isolator and I know it's for specific training.

What benefits do you guys see from using this other than doing a burn-out?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.17%

Back today:

Sore mostly in the upper back and shoulder blade area, I am sure soreness is somewhat just the result of doing a new movement but my back never gets sore...hell I've done rows as heavy as I have seen them done with good form and my upper back didn't get sore. I am also sure the soreness would be much more intense if I would have done a better job selecting the wt. Next time its used for back ill have a better idea.

Delts using the isolator later on today.

Peace.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero
    So you're taking the biceps involvement out of a rowing motion here? I'd rather just keep the biceps involved and stimulate more muscle. I can see that it's called the Isolator and I know it's for specific training.

What benefits do you guys see from using this other than doing a burn-out?
    Well to me there are several positives so far. The obvious is simple, isolating the Target muscle. My back never gets sore and it is today. My objective in any ex during any work out is to put the Target muscle under as much tension with as high a load as I can. I do not plan on abandoning biceps involvement as I plan on doing one compound and one isolation ex per back work out. Another advantage is the ability to work around injuries. I have "golfers elbow" (no I don't golf lol) and if I can hit my back pain free I am more than willing to try it.

Hey I don't claim this is the holly grail here... I am trying it and will give my honest assesment. Dave from isolatorfitness knows that, I was clear that I won't give a disshonest review. I'm sure I will have some complaints but for one ex so far....so good.

Peace
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.17%

Today I did over head "presses" with the isolator.... Omg... Took some playing around to.get the cable ht rt but once I did...the pump was extreme. There is no point where the tension is off or even let's up. Delts have been a weak body part for me and I plan on using these as my main delt ex from now on. I have torn both cuffs so BB overhead presses are out and I've only found one machine I can use (got a vid of those on my page) but there is no rotator strain with these, no let up and my delts were hurting after I was done...well really half way thru the set they started hurting. The video I have is not great cause of where I had to put the camera but you can get an idea of what the ex is.

I have to edit it so I'll have it up tomorrow. This ex was a total shock to me.

Peace
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.02%

This is a very interesting idea.
    ACSM-CPT
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf
    This is a very interesting idea.
    Thanks. So far I am impressed and intrigued by the possibilities for this product...as an add on product but also with the potential for uses outside of bodybuilding. I would have so many more options if I had a training partner but I usually don't and I wanna be honest so using another person for help rt now would kinda be cheating.

I will also admit that I do want to like this product because of how helpful Dave from isolator has been but I am and will do my best to not let that influence how I judge the product. Dave was confident enough that when I told him I will be nothing but honest in my review that he agreed fully with me

Some of the vids (like the one from today that I have to trim before posting) won't be of the best quality or have the best view but I will do my best...till I get my new camera.

I am also hoping that if I can get enough views and enough feedback that other conpanys will have me test proscribed for them also ;-)

Peace
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.17%

Delts sore today, mid back still sore...here is the overhead "presses" video. Again sorry for the quality I was alone so I had to wedge the camera at a poor angle ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9vB...e_gdata_player
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.01%

Quote Originally Posted by dunhill225
    Delts sore today, mid back still sore...here is the overhead "presses" video. Again sorry for the quality I was alone so I had to wedge the camera at a poor angle ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9vB...e_gdata_player
    Damn! I like this isolator. How do I get one?
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.69%

Damn that looks like a bad*ss machine
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.17%

Quote Originally Posted by matt8483

Damn! I like this isolator. How do I get one?
    There is a link in the description on that YouTube video. I will be posting a lot more vids of it in use coming up.

Peace
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

for the shoulders i would think having the cables wider and standing so the cables come from in front of you would work better.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.17%

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig
    for the shoulders i would think having the cables wider and standing so the cables come from in front of you would work better.
    Well its only the second time I used it and I will def be playing around with many diff exs and angle. You are probably rt that I could have set it wider but there is no way I could have done another set justice...I was one and done. As far as infront, I have torn both cuffs and the range that bothers me least is making sure elbows remain wide and to the side on overhead presses so I thought being between the cables would be best.
    The shame of the video is that the range of motion looks short from that angle, next time I do them I'll get a better angle when I film it.

Thanks for following along.

More to come tomorrow.

Peace.

Similar Forum Threads

1. anyone try the "isolator"?
    By dunhill225 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 09:49 PM
  2. Testing
    By greg_the_ripp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 10:06 AM
  3. Lab Testing
    By berlin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0