Thoughts? 5X5 nd some

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
So I'm sticking back to my roots of 5x5 ... It's how I ever got the biggest ... Now I was also quite big about 15%BF when I like to stay around 10% but neways, here it is ... Let me know what u think

All weights ramp up by 10lbs every set
Example
Set1 225
Set2 235
Set3 245
Etc Etc Etc

Monday
Squats 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Row 5x5
Bicep Curls 5x5
Tricep Ext 5x5

Tuesday
Cardio (HIIT)
Abs 3 exercises 4x15-20

Wednesday
Squat 4x5 (last 2 sets same weight)
Barbell Press 4x5
Deadlift 4x5
Shrugs 5x5
Seated Calf Raises 5x5

Thursday
Same as Tuesday

Friday
Squat 4x5 - 1x3 - 1x8
Bench Press 4x5 - 1x3 - 1x8
Row 4x5 - 1x3 - 1x8
Bicep curl 4x5 - 1x3 - 1x8
Tricep Ext 4x5 - 1x3 - 1x8
* on set of 3 u add 5lbs to last set of 5 on Monday
* on set of 8 u do same weight as 3 set

Saturday
Same as Tuesday

On abs days I do
One for upper, one for lower and one for oblique ... If I didn't get enough I will do one for Core too ... I stick to workouts I can't do more than 20 and most are weighted but I change em as I go to different gyms

So yeah any input on my routine?
I'm also doing DBol, TestE nd Deca just in case that question comes up

I'm 5'11, 195lbs 13%bf, lifting for 6 years nd my diet is 40/40/20 (Carb/Pro/Fat) at 3,500 Cals

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
I posted this kinda late last night ... So I wanted to bring it back up ...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On first glance I see the need for more stabilizer/fixator movements.

I also see the need for more unilateral lower body assistance work - split squats, walking lunges, etc.

Finally, squatting 3 days a week with high intensity may be a bit much. Why not squat one day, dead lift another, and do squat assistance work the third.

Br

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
On first glance I see the need for more stabilizer/fixator movements.

I also see the need for more unilateral lower body assistance work - split squats, walking lunges, etc.

Finally, squatting 3 days a week with high intensity may be a bit much. Why not squat one day, dead lift another, and do squat assistance work the third.

Br
Thanks man, but I went ape **** and after a few weeks of this got tired of it so I put a more basic split together till I get my anxiety down and can settle for a good workout ...

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
Looks good to me. 5x5 is my favorite. I keep coming back to it. I also throw in a accessory lift or two as well on each day trying to make sure they work together. I usually do abs as the very last exercise on Friday since it's the heaviest squat day. I save all the days in between for cardio only.

What kind of cardio are you doing?

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
Looks good to me. 5x5 is my favorite. I keep coming back to it. I also throw in a accessory lift or two as well on each day trying to make sure they work together. I usually do abs as the very last exercise on Friday since it's the heaviest squat day. I save all the days in between for cardio only.

What kind of cardio are you doing?
I was sticking to HIIIT for the most part some like
Jog 2 mins
Sprint 1 min
For about 15 mins
Or sprint for 1
Walk for 1
For about 15

Some around those areas
I like running plus in doing Toughest Mudder in a few months so I gotta get that running stamina

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
Couple of people I know are running Toughest Mudder. It looks brutal!!

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
Couple of people I know are running Toughest Mudder. It looks brutal!!
Wouldn't expect anything else ... I wanna be ****ing ripped while I'm running it too hahahaha itd be my second mud run

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i love 5x5, but the one thing i change while on it is arm work. i dont do 5 reps. i do higher reps.

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
i love 5x5, but the one thing i change while on it is arm work. i dont do 5 reps. i do higher reps.
I did some like that a while back ... Like a 3x8 on biceps and triceps ... Worked out pretty well ...

But then again, it's an awesome workout just dunno if u get as much as u put into it tho ... Like its tough, and u def stack up the weights each week but ... I think I've gotten a better shaped body out of a split routine

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
I do 3x10 or 5x10 for stuff like biceps triceps and calf raises. I like adding the weight every week. 5x5 is great for breaking strength plateaus. I like to do 5x5 until I stall hard then go to a split for 6-12 weeks then back to 5x5 to see if I can add more strength.

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
I do 3x10 or 5x10 for stuff like biceps triceps and calf raises. I like adding the weight every week. 5x5 is great for breaking strength plateaus. I like to do 5x5 until I stall hard then go to a split for 6-12 weeks then back to 5x5 to see if I can add more strength.
Smart ... How's that working out for u?
I usually do 5x5 for about 3 months out of the year but I have to say as the years go by the quicker I get tired of the same work out ... None the less still a great strength work out

easonj23

easonj23

Awards
So far it's worked pretty well going back and forth every 12 weeks or so. I think the split helps build up stabalizer muscles more than adding them into the 5x5 so I can put more into the 5x5 when I come back to it. I'm really looking for strength though at the moment.

After I hit all of my personal goals on the big 4 I'll probably stick to a split but I'm a ways off from that. Right now I'm shooting for the 2,3,4,5. I've come close but sickness and other things always seem to get in my way. I hope this year I can stay healthy and hit them.

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
So far it's worked pretty well going back and forth every 12 weeks or so. I think the split helps build up stabalizer muscles more than adding them into the 5x5 so I can put more into the 5x5 when I come back to it. I'm really looking for strength though at the moment.

After I hit all of my personal goals on the big 4 I'll probably stick to a split but I'm a ways off from that. Right now I'm shooting for the 2,3,4,5. I've come close but sickness and other things always seem to get in my way. I hope this year I can stay healthy and hit them.
Best of luck bro, wish u the best on ur goals then and I'll prob catch u around some other threads ...