Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Using your local gym as a more Crossfit facility

Hey,

I joined Fitness first as its right across from my work and after doing bodyweight and paying each visit To the gym, finally joined.
    Running is not as much a priority anymore and sick of being skinny fat. At 79kg and 14% bodyfat, it's time to be accountable and step it up.
    Any thoughts on my title and how to use my gym as a more crossfit like arena. I have TRX harnesses, kbells, weights downstairs. Really good facility. $15 a week is pretty good.

Since cutting stims, I want to go to bed which is why I hope craze can keep me going along with drive and Cordygen ultra.

Under 10% and same weight? Possible yes!!!
    Any help is appreciated. And yes I had a biosig done. How I know my bf% and my cortisol is number 1 on umbilical reading, triceps number 2 and hamstrings number 3 meaning estrogen. All else are in good range.
    I would like some help with a routine that can put me in the right direction. I keep asking people, and the more I ask and read, more I get confused.
    Nutritionally I'm pretty sound. Paleo plus whey but cutting out the whey to go hard out. Carbs post workout ONLY.
    I want to get stronger even if I don't look it, but most of all, get under 10%.
    My body likes the dynamic Movements for workouts. Looking for a HIT protocol if that is applicable.

Please guys? Help me out

-Chris
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Hey,

I joined Fitness first as its right across from my work and after doing bodyweight and paying each visit To the gym, finally joined.
    Running is not as much a priority anymore and sick of being skinny fat. At 79kg and 14% bodyfat, it's time to be accountable and step it up.
    Any thoughts on my title and how to use my gym as a more crossfit like arena. I have TRX harnesses, kbells, weights downstairs. Really good facility. $15 a week is pretty good.

Since cutting stims, I want to go to bed which is why I hope craze can keep me going along with drive and Cordygen ultra.

Under 10% and same weight? Possible yes!!!
    Any help is appreciated. And yes I had a biosig done. How I know my bf% and my cortisol is number 1 on umbilical reading, triceps number 2 and hamstrings number 3 meaning estrogen. All else are in good range.
    I would like some help with a routine that can put me in the right direction. I keep asking people, and the more I ask and read, more I get confused.
    Nutritionally I'm pretty sound. Paleo plus whey but cutting out the whey to go hard out. Carbs post workout ONLY.
    I want to get stronger even if I don't look it, but most of all, get under 10%.
    My body likes the dynamic Movements for workouts. Looking for a HIT protocol if that is applicable.

Please guys? Help me out

-Chris
    You are all over the place with your goals and ideas.

I think some are conflicting and others are unreasonable. Going from 14% body fat to 10% body fat and maintaining 175 pounds means you need to lose 7 pounds of fat while gaining 7 pounds of muscle simultaneously. I really don't see this occurring outside of using drugs. Choose one or the other. Gain 7 pounds of muscle of drop 7 pounds of fat.

Next, do you want strength, or do you want endurance? Cross fit (although I have many problems with the typical WODs) is going to produce endurance. 5/3/1 is going to produce strength and muscle mass.

What is craze and drive? Are these other stims? It could be the reliance on stims that is affecting your results.

I think its time to figure out a program and stick to it for 3 months before changing anything.

Also, I have no idea what the quote in bold means. Hamstrings = estrogen?

Br
  3. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED

You are all over the place with your goals and ideas.

I think some are conflicting and others are unreasonable. Going from 14% body fat to 10% body fat and maintaining 175 pounds means you need to lose 7 pounds of fat while gaining 7 pounds of muscle simultaneously. I really don't see this occurring outside of using drugs. Choose one or the other. Gain 7 pounds of muscle of drop 7 pounds of fat.

Next, do you want strength, or do you want endurance? Cross fit (although I have many problems with the typical WODs) is going to produce endurance. 5/3/1 is going to produce strength and muscle mass.

What is craze and drive? Are these other stims? It could be the reliance on stims that is affecting your results.

I think its time to figure out a program and stick to it for 3 months before changing anything.

Also, I have no idea what the quote in bold means. Hamstrings = estrogen?

Br
    Hamstrings are a site that estrogen is and when a skin fold is above a certain number when being calculated by the calipers it tells you on a sake of 1-10 what is areas are of concern. Mine is umbilical (stress cortisol some insulin resistance)
    Triceps, estrogen lingering around and same with hamstrings (up near my bum) so I eat more organic and drink out of BPA free bottles.
    I want drop the 7 first, then build the 7 again.
    Was going to say recomp but like u said B, easier to do 1 or the other.
    What can I do at my gym to make it more crossfit like to drop weight first? Then add mass
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.8%

I like a lot of Poliquins writings, but I'm still trying to find some good evidence that supports the biosignature of hormone levels via skin fold measurements.

Eating organic and especially drinking bpa free is a good idea for just about everyone, though.

I do not advocate crossfit.

Br
  5. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%

I like a lot of Poliquins writings, but I'm still trying to find some good evidence that supports the biosignature of hormone levels via skin fold measurements.

Eating organic and especially drinking bpa free is a good idea for just about everyone, though.

I do not advocate crossfit.

Br
    It's interesting his stuff.
    I wanna drop the 7 first, then add back 7.

Can u point me in right direction B...
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.72%

Can I throw my 2 cents in here? - feel free to critique or disagree.

I was definitely skinny fat (150lb roughly 20%bf)
    I am now roughly 160lb at about 12% bf
    At one point I was under 7%bf - but didn't feel healthy - and was f.hard work!

You are right -the more you read the more complicated it gets.

I am a huge advocate of two fairly simple methods.

Firstly nutrition:

Calories: within 500cal/day of maintenance (either above or below depending on your current goal - build muscle or lose fat),
    Macros: 40/40/20 (carb, protein,fat)
    Diet: Whole food + Whey and maybe Creatine. Complex carbs, lean meat, nuts, olive oil etc.

Secondly Training:

3 workouts a week:
    Either Push-Pull-Legs or a 3x full body workout; both methods should incorporate Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press and Military Press.
    (Stronglifts is good, as is Starting Strength)
    If you want to add in some HIT - try swimming, cycling or MMA once or twice a week. These provide a dynamic full body workout, including high intensity cardio intervals.
    I am a keen Cross Country mountain bike-ist and it keeps me fairly lean - even when I am eating and training to build mass.

When you can Bench 1 x bw for 5 reps, Squat 1.5 x bw for 5 reps, and deadlift 2 x bw for 5 reps - all with good form;
    then look at making life more complicated.

In the meantime, eat clean, lift heavy, sleep well, don't overcomplicate things, and enjoy doing it.

I appreciate this may not suit you - but hopefully it helps.

Good luck,
  7. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBassGuy
    Can I throw my 2 cents in here? - feel free to critique or disagree.

I was definitely skinny fat (150lb roughly 20%bf)
    I am now roughly 160lb at about 12% bf
    At one point I was under 7%bf - but didn't feel healthy - and was f.hard work!

You are right -the more you read the more complicated it gets.

I am a huge advocate of two fairly simple methods.

Firstly nutrition:

Calories: within 500cal/day of maintenance (either above or below depending on your current goal - build muscle or lose fat),
    Macros: 40/40/20 (carb, protein,fat)
    Diet: Whole food + Whey and maybe Creatine. Complex carbs, lean meat, nuts, olive oil etc.

Secondly Training:

3 workouts a week:
    Either Push-Pull-Legs or a 3x full body workout; both methods should incorporate Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press and Military Press.
    (Stronglifts is good, as is Starting Strength)
    If you want to add in some HIT - try swimming, cycling or MMA once or twice a week. These provide a dynamic full body workout, including high intensity cardio intervals.
    I am a keen Cross Country mountain bike-ist and it keeps me fairly lean - even when I am eating and training to build mass.

When you can Bench 1 x bw for 5 reps, Squat 1.5 x bw for 5 reps, and deadlift 2 x bw for 5 reps - all with good form;
    then look at making life more complicated.

In the meantime, eat clean, lift heavy, sleep well, don't overcomplicate things, and enjoy doing it.

I appreciate this may not suit you - but hopefully it helps.

Good luck,
    If I had my pc, reps in reserve for you::::::::
    I feel best when doing full body stuff.
    I am don't "feel" the bbing thing works for my body. Why I asked bout functional fat burning.
    I like a clean diet.
    Meat and nuts brekky,
    Chicken salad lunch,
    Fish and veggie dinner

I would rather be doing lunges with dumbells off a negative than leg press or extensions...
    Carbs post workout only. Should I be eating them at brekky and lunch also? Carbs promote fat gain if unused. I train at 5:30pm now
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.72%

I totally agree re: dumbbell lunge vs press or extension (machine) type exercises. Make sure you have "proper" squats and deadlifts in the mix too

I find that very low carb diets leave me drained and badly affect my workout performance.

Again you can complicate this hugely, but I follow the idea that if cals in are greater than cals burned you gain, and if cals in are less than cals burned you lose. (from here on I am simplifying - don't want the biochemists getting too upset)

Depending on what you eat and when will affect what you gain or lose, fat or muscle.

I eat carbs throughout the day and they make up about 40% of my total calories.
    Complex carbs like oats with breakfast, vegetables, wholewheat pasta and brown rice throughout the day, and a whey shake with a mix of simple and complex carbs pre workout.

This works for me, but I worked this out by experimenting over the years.

Your body will use carbs for fuel all day if they are there, and if you are doing a tough, heavy, full body workout 3x a week, your body will be repairing and growing strong all day and all night.

If you eat an excess of calories made up entirely if protein and fat, you will still store excess as fat once your potential for muscle growth has been reached.

The journey of getting big AND ripped is a long one, the best rule is have a plan and stick to it for 4-8 weeks, record your workouts, diet, mood, weight and bf throughout. Take photographs, weight and body fat each week. Record workouts, diet and mood daily.

Over time you will find what works for you and what doesn't.

One guy will get huge legs with sets of 20 squats, other guys will respond better to sets of 3-5. Same goes for diet programs.

Hope that helps.
  9. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%

Thanks.
    I like to know the little nooks and crannies about diet. Best time to eat carbs?
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.72%

Depends how you respond to carbs, but pre-workout to give you energy to lift heavy weight, and post workout to aid recovery.

Some ppl like to avoid carbs late at night - doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to me though.

Some of the other guys on here probably have their own nuggets of useful info too

Have a good read of the nutrition section - but try not to get too complicated with it until you built a good solid base of muscle - that's my advice at least.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.8%

You got some good advice from Crazybass. Don't over think and over complicate things. Sometimes less is more.

I might suggest you check out DiFranco's west side for skinny bastards and add in some extra conditioning for a workout.

Br
  12. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%

You got some good advice from Crazybass. Don't over think and over complicate things. Sometimes less is more.

I might suggest you check out DiFranco's west side for skinny bastards and add in some extra conditioning for a workout.

Br
    I'm absorbing it man!!!
    Love the feedback. What conditioning routines would you propose?
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.72%

Bodyweight:

30 squat thrusts
    30 mountain climbers
    25 sumo squats
    30 press ups
    20 full jumps (touch floor then touch ceiling)
    25 superman (make sure you really lift your arms and feet and feel the burn in your back muscles)
    20 tuck jumps (really pull those knees into your chest)

Rest 120 seconds

Repeat 3 times

Try not to be sick on the floor.
  14. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%

Tomorrow I will give it a go...any more???
    I like that...maybe not tomorrow night lol but will push through it...

Dip >2 failure superset with
    Chin ups >2 failure.

Pumps but wickedly sore and that's after a 60lbs superset of dumbbell bench press 3x8 with 3x10 of 225lbs deadlifts supersetted
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.8%

Since you are a runner, and thinking about playing soccer, than I would suggest 1-2 days of running based conditioning. One can be long linear runs, like 300 or 400m repeats. Another can be shuttle run drills of varying distances: 120, 240, 300. And another day can be low impact, such as on an elyptical, bike or pool work.

Br
  16. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%

Since you are a runner, and thinking about playing soccer, than I would suggest 1-2 days of running based conditioning. One can be long linear runs, like 300 or 400m repeats. Another can be shuttle run drills of varying distances: 120, 240, 300. And another day can be low impact, such as on an elyptical, bike or pool work.

Br
    Pool work sounds like good active recovery
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pics of Our cGMP Facility
    By rms80 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 10:59 PM
  2. Crossfit type routine (not pure crossfit)
    By mywetnightmares in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 08:01 PM
  3. Opening New Facility! out of Town
    By CustomCapsule in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 04:13 AM