Does anyone wrap their elbows up when doing tricep work?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking of doing this, I was going to buy elbow sleeves, but I heard wraps give you more support. I can not find elbow wraps, just knee wraps, but I assume they will work just fine. No matter what the weight is, I always feel a lot of pressure in my elbows doing any kind extensions with free weights. Machines are not an option at this point since I am limited to working out at home. So, would wrapping help and how would it effect tricep development?

DreamBig

DreamBig

Awards
I have my wife bringing me some ace wraps home tonight. I think they'll help. As far as tri development, I don't think it will hinder anything. It will just support it, like a fresh pair of tighty whitey's nawmsayin! It sounds like alot of people are having tendon/ elbow issues right now.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id get some elbow sleeves or knee sleeves small enough for your elbows. OR you can get apt elbow sleeves that are made out of the same material wraps are made from. But knee wraps are too long for this I would think. Some wrist wraps may work. But they will make it easier to lift weight much like a knee wrap. You could always try compresion tape too. Also you could try getting some bands and do pushdowns and extensions with them, so easy on the elbows.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My elbows have always given me a ton of problems. This helps a little bit, but I mainly avoid triceps exercises that hurt them. Skullcrusher type exercises are typically the worst.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Knee wraps are too thick and long for your elbow. If you go to a pharmacy and get those ace wraps its perfect for your elbows. I personally use wrist wraps when I do all of my pressing movements

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I found out I was flaring my elbows out and using too much weight. I still get pressure in my elbows, but it's a lot less now. I'd still like to get the sleeves though, but yet again I have to wait another week since I can't drive. Rite aid is just too expensive. $13 a piece for small knee sleeves. Ollies has them fore $7. And they wanted $17 a piece for the wraps that just go over the elbow tendon for tennis elbow.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i dont' use them but i've been thinking about i have to agree, excercises like skull crushers are the worst while other exercises give me no pain

forcefan27

forcefan27

Awards
I use mcdavid elbow support sleeves that have a strap just below the elbow. They around $15 each and can be found at any sporting goods store.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh i would use rehbands or TK sleeves, much more pricey then one your guys talk about but you get what you pay for. I paid 60 bucks for my knee sleeves.

carnivalhobo

Awards
Sleeves and wraps of good quality arent cheap. Try some fish oil, better form and some tricep stretching, i prefer the doggcrap stretches

DreamBig

DreamBig

Awards
Sleeves and wraps of good quality arent cheap. Try some fish oil, better form and some tricep stretching, i prefer the doggcrap stretches
I use fish oil, my forms good especially on tri movements. I had some shoulder issues a few months ago so I start fish oil everyday, it seemed to really help that out.
The pain is elsewhere now and im still taking fish oil. I think I'm just over worked though, never thought I'd say that.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I use fish oil, my forms good especially on tri movements. I had some shoulder issues a few months ago so I start fish oil everyday, it seemed to really help that out.
The pain is elsewhere now and im still taking fish oil. I think I'm just over worked though, never thought I'd say that.
I use fish oil everyday.