Changing Gyms

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Answers

Changing Gyms

Do you do it? If so, how often and how do you know it's time? If not, what keeps you where you're at?
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

2. Registered User
    Answers

I stay at the gym im at because I have been a member for a long time and every time I renew my contract I get to keep my original rate. I cant find anything else in my area that even comes close to what I am paying right now (19.99/month).
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Stay at lifetime because it's the fking teets.

Can't move away from it, the hot tub, the sauna, the swimming pool, it just wins me over. And the time I workout is not as busy so I get a lot of the free weights to myself.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Answers

24 hour fitness bc it's right next to my neighborhood, I used to rotate through 24 and metroflex though
    Always willing to learn :D
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

I'm locked into a 3 year contract unless I move 25+ miles away, but I wouldn't leave it, anyway. My promo rate was $15/month + an extra $5/month for unlimited tanning. So I pay $20/month and have 24/7 access. It's also a 3 minute drive from my house.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I work as a freelance contractor so I can move around a lot (having said that, last contract lasted almost 8 years!) so changing a gym is usually forced on me. Given a free choice and if I found a good gym then I'd stick with it - moving is a pain.

One thing that would make me move though would be over-crowding - really spoils my session if I have to hang around waiting for others to finish.
    Train hard, eat well, get plenty sleep - nuff said.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

I bounce around quite often but I seem to have fallen into a routine as of late. I've been a ymca member for as long as I can remember. Just recently moved from one ymca to another. The original ymca I was at is pretty massive in fact I think its the largest in the state of pa. But do to a job change and gas prices I was forced to move to a closer ymca and I love it. It's small and old school. The weight room is in the basement and it's nothing but freeweights a few old plate loaded machines and the yates row setup. Its cheap and rarely occupied by more than the same 7 people who all seem to know what they're doing
    Other than that I may try and move to exercise warehouse in Pittsburgh its supposed to be great
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Church gyms
    By shanetard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 08:36 PM
  2. Best gyms!!
    By machorox123 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 11:35 AM
  3. Best gyms / good gyms in NYC?
    By Gutterpump in forum General Chat