Changing Gyms

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you do it? If so, how often and how do you know it's time? If not, what keeps you where you're at?

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
I stay at the gym im at because I have been a member for a long time and every time I renew my contract I get to keep my original rate. I cant find anything else in my area that even comes close to what I am paying right now (19.99/month).

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Stay at lifetime because it's the fking teets.

Can't move away from it, the hot tub, the sauna, the swimming pool, it just wins me over. And the time I workout is not as busy so I get a lot of the free weights to myself.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
24 hour fitness bc it's right next to my neighborhood, I used to rotate through 24 and metroflex though

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm locked into a 3 year contract unless I move 25+ miles away, but I wouldn't leave it, anyway. My promo rate was $15/month + an extra $5/month for unlimited tanning. So I pay $20/month and have 24/7 access. It's also a 3 minute drive from my house.

RobConnor

RobConnor

Awards
I work as a freelance contractor so I can move around a lot (having said that, last contract lasted almost 8 years!) so changing a gym is usually forced on me. Given a free choice and if I found a good gym then I'd stick with it - moving is a pain.

One thing that would make me move though would be over-crowding - really spoils my session if I have to hang around waiting for others to finish.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I bounce around quite often but I seem to have fallen into a routine as of late. I've been a ymca member for as long as I can remember. Just recently moved from one ymca to another. The original ymca I was at is pretty massive in fact I think its the largest in the state of pa. But do to a job change and gas prices I was forced to move to a closer ymca and I love it. It's small and old school. The weight room is in the basement and it's nothing but freeweights a few old plate loaded machines and the yates row setup. Its cheap and rarely occupied by more than the same 7 people who all seem to know what they're doing
Other than that I may try and move to exercise warehouse in Pittsburgh its supposed to be great