Attack of the bum back!

lboston

lboston

Awards
I've been having some horrible back pain in the lower left lumbar region--happens mainly after heavy squats and deadlifting....

Went to the chiro; have scoliosis, a bulging L5 and degenerative L5. It kills my back to attempt squats or DLs of what I consider to be highly weight.

I am looking for insight on what I should do? I don't want to miss out on the growth potential of these heavy compounds...any thoughts?

lboston

lboston

Awards
Bump...

Tried to go to the gym last night and do some leg sled--had to leave after 10 minutes the pain was excruciating. Could barley get up off the floor!

Thinking about taking some time off for a couple weeks...

mattsams89

Awards
An orthopedic doctor is going to provide you with much better direction. They can assess your situation and provide you with recommended treatment. I would also seek out a trainer with experience with your condition.

Hikeon3

Hikeon3

Awards
I'm no doctor but I did herniate a disc squatting in 2009.

Skip the chiropractor and get to a physical therapist. Take some time off from heavy spinal loads in the gym. There are really two phases to recovering from serious low-back injuries. Healing and regaining mobility. Take care of those and slowly work back into the spinal loads.

I've done most everything wrong along the way, but a PT at my church spent 8 weeks pro bono helping me out and I've been lifting with heavy spinal loads for almost a year now relatively pain free.