15 year old brother and me lifting need guidance... - AnabolicMinds.com

15 year old brother and me lifting need guidance...

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.

15 year old brother and me lifting need guidance...

My brother has shown a interest in lifting and wants to start with me this wed.... My question is I don't want him tO get discouraged....

Now me I'll be dead honest.... I been lifting for 3 years and honesty my dead lift went up and squat but my bench is terrible....
    I'm talking ****... Like I can dead 275 three times... Barely can bench 180lbs 1 time...
    I think it's because I have a bad wrist... Anyway... I wanna start all over and get some strength....

What should me and my brother do? I was thinking of doing strong lifts starting with just the bar and adding 10lbs a week... Or a workout I mean? Good idea or no? Think it could work good? (the first month would be really slow I know)

Or any other ideas? My brother is only like 130lbs and not to strong... So I figure I'll just start with the bar and keep working up and up...

So basically would strong lifts be a good thing to follow or what other routine... I'm not looking for size I have that... More strength...

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Stick to 5x5 on compound lifts for strength and if the wrist is really a problem take some time off. I strained my biceps tendon football when I was 16 now two years later it still hurts cause I'm way too naive to quit lifting

Similar Forum Threads

1. 18 year old lifting and nutrition log
    By jonesBones40 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 11:27 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 09:20 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 03:45 PM
  4. Need a supp stack for my 15 Year old brother-
    By JBlaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24