Only sprints while cutting?

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
So I was wondering do you guys think its a bad idea to do only cardio when I start cutting? Lets say sprints 5 times a week.

I love doing sprints and I have read some articles that say that HIIT is the most effective way to get rid of fat and get ripped.

What do you guys think?

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
If you're cutting weight, you need to give your body a reason to hang on to muscle. If you're not using your upper body at all, expect some of it to go bye-bye.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
If you're cutting weight, you need to give your body a reason to hang on to muscle. If you're not using your upper body at all, expect some of it to go bye-bye.
Ou need to stimulate all parts of the body in a givin week, try sprints on off days and go lighter on the leg workouts

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
Yea makes sense

I was wondering what you guys think about this; HIIT 6 times a week, 3 times boxing and 3 times sprinting. This way I would stimulate my upper and lower body and get the advantage of HIIT's fat burning.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
You can do ANYTHING HIIT style, FYI. You could do full body HIIT workouts if that's how you like to workout.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i would be more worried about your diet if you want to cut weight.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most sprinters do not sprint all out 5 times a week. The days are usually spaced out with active recovery or lower intensity work.

Br

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
You can do ANYTHING HIIT style, FYI. You could do full body HIIT workouts if that's how you like to workout.
Could you give me an example of a good full body HIIT workout?

i would be more worried about your diet if you want to cut weight.
Yes I am aware that diet plays a big role in cutting weight, I'm simply asking for opinions for my training routine

Most sprinters do not sprint all out 5 times a week. The days are usually spaced out with active recovery or lower intensity work.

Br
Ok good to know, thanks

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried Tabata? You could do a tabata for several different moves each workout. Push-ups, rows, and squats would hit the full body in one workout. You could also set your workouts up to be a circuit, going from move to move rather than sitting around resting between lifts. That's a good way to increase the intensity. Burpee pull-ups are another great full body move that are done at high intensity. It's not the moves so much as how you structure them in the workout.