PCT - Routine change? - AnabolicMinds.com

PCT - Routine change?

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Answers

PCT - Routine change?

currently my routine looks like this, ON CYCLE - i dont want to get into sets and reps, most are very heavy

monday- chest

flat db
    flat db fly
    incline db
    incline db flys
    decline barbell
    hanging dips
    ab workout

tuesday- back
    wide pull ups
    high row
    isolat pulldown
    snatch grip bb shrugs
    T bar rows
    weighted hyperextensions

wed- shoulders
    arnolds
    standing military barbell
    rear delt
    standing cable extensions
    external rotations
    seated lateral
    ab workout

thurs- bi/tri
    close grip pull ups, palms in
    push downs
    straight bar curls
    reverse bench
    alternating db curls
    rope pull down
    cable knucklebusters
    weighted bench dips

friday- legs
    squats
    glute machine
    hip abduction
    iso knee leg curl
    db lunges
    good mornings
    ab workout

double off day

coming up on PCT i was thinking of switching to a HST workout to keep strength up. i hope a EOD routine will provide plenty of rest time and keep me from over training during post. it looks like this

Full Squats - 1-2 Warm-Up Sets + 1 Set x 15 Reps
    Snatch-Grip Deadlifts - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
    Incline DB Press - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
    Hanging Dips - 1 Set x 15 Reps
    Medium Grip Chin-Ups - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
    Barbell Rows - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
    Military Press - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
    Rear Delt Fly Machine - 1 Set x 15 Reps
    Dumbbell Curls - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
    Skullcrushers - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
    Seated Calf Raises - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
    Weighted Crunches - 2 Sets x 15 Reps

i plan on changing reps each week, 15, 12, 10, 8, 5... this will put me back at high weight, low rep, sets at the end of my PCT. this way, ill be able to compare my strength from end of cycle to end of PCT. IMO this strength routine SHOULD prevent me from loosing all my gains on cycle.

opinons and suggestions are most welcome!!!!
    Corn is to popcorn as, prohormones are to steriods...

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

All I would do is move the leg day up a couple days to split up the upper body a little, but I usually try to keep doing the same things in PCT in hopes all the strength and size gains stay with me. Might not be the best way but it seems to work for me.
    True story:

I give a f**K!!
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

The main key to keeping gains during PCT is to not do any "weight loss" oriented cardio and make sure you are getting above maintenance on your calories. A Nutrient Partitioner can help here for sure.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Answers

well i guess i can put it like this, i was researching hypertrophy and muscle growth. thought to myself, ill probably lose some strength but man i want to keep this size during PCT. so started looking around and reading and found that if i change my routine, maybe i can have both. With the help of others on the board i built my current workout, its balanced and well thought out, but it doesnt purpose... i didnt build it for strength or for size or to "cut" per say. (i was planning a cutting cycle, but i dont believe in the higher reps get cut idea). i did change it up throughout the last month or 2, did sets of 8-12 for a couple weeks, followed by 5-8. then moved on to 5 heaviest i could, on some and stuck with lighter 12 reps on others. i kept the muscles guessing to say the least. ANYWAY, what im getting at is i read this article @

http://jcdfitness.com/2010/06/hypert...-is-your-goal/

heres a quote for you
    "Low Frequency/High Volume Hypertrophy Training – Just about any of the popular 5-7 day splits you discovered in your favorite muscle magazine will fall under this category. While this training has its place for a select few individuals, I’d never recommend it to the average trainee. I’ve seen and read about too many people doing such routines with little to no results to speak of.

Many of the mass monsters can get away with training like this for two reasons: one is the fact they are very advanced and require a stimulus that only heavy weights plus a ton of volume can provide and the other reason is that many of them are pharmaceutically assisted. When drugs enter the game, the rules become skewed."

after which i decided since this was the kind of lifting i was doing and i would not be "assisted" anymore, it might be time to change it up.

overtraining was mentioned to me in my cycle thread, and so when i read this about HST training "The idea behind it is to take advantage of recovery and peaks in protein synthesis. The frequency in this regard is fairly aggressive with each body part getting hit 3 times per week." i was pretty much sold... instead of 1 time a week, 3.5 times a week with pretty much no chance at overtraining.

last thing, another reason the EOD thing caught my eye, was a study i read a long time ago that had to do with the immune system and recovery time. dont have any quotes for that one. maybe someone will know what im talking about. immune system needs 24 hours to fully recovery regaurdless of body part you workout. something like that...made sense when i read it lmao
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Well your CNS ( central nervous system fyi) needs time to recover its not so much the body parts recovering and for that I like EOD off..

Also for mass I like the FST-7, but you will hafta lower some weights so you might lose strength. Google it for some routines and see what you think of it.
    True story:

I give a f**K!!
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waynaferd View Post
    Well your CNS ( central nervous system fyi) needs time to recover its not so much the body parts recovering and for that I like EOD off..

Also for mass I like the FST-7, but you will hafta lower some weights so you might lose strength. Google it for some routines and see what you think of it.
    lol thats what it was nervous system, it was a long time ago i was reading about that. how come so many peope work out 5-6 days a week then?
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Srt4Muscle

lol thats what it was nervous system, it was a long time ago i was reading about that. how come so many peope work out 5-6 days a week then?
    Lots of theories are that they are losing gains in the gym. That's why if you look at people in the westside barbell gym, they all use gear, but they follow the 4days a week. They might be in the gym 7 days but under the heavy weight 4 times, making use of GPP and maybe some prehab rehab and at the most accessory lifts.
    Only people actually lifting 5-6 days a week and really pushing it are either on the juice or not very big to begin with.
    Also, they tend not to care about strength.

About HST. Brian suggests to stay with the same weight during pct. In is FAQ PDF he goes over how to use HST on gear and through pct.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. routine change..
    By jlm25 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:41 PM
  2. change of routine
    By mikaveli06 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 09:35 PM
  3. How often to change routine?