Spartan race in az

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
What are some good workouts for it besides cardio.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Don't under estimate the cardio lol. Def work on your anaerobic capacity for sure. If you are pretty fit and are generally capable of climbing over and under things you'll be good. Though, with hills, obstacles, stops and go's, anaerobic capacity plays a big role. Not sure of Az's course, but distance will be what? Between 9-13 miles? Know that you can cover that distance. Example, if you never run more then 1.5 miles you may want to start increasing your mileage. Other than that you'll be good. It's fun and not too hard unless you are doing the spartan death race. That's a whole 'nother deal all together. I've ran a couple tough mudders and spartan races among other adventure races. You'll have a great time

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
I'm doing the medium one lol. Yeah I'm so pumped

wingzors

Awards
Don't under estimate the cardio lol. Def work on your anaerobic capacity for sure. If you are pretty fit and are generally capable of climbing over and under things you'll be good. Though, with hills, obstacles, stops and go's, anaerobic capacity plays a big role. Not sure of Az's course, but distance will be what? Between 9-13 miles? Know that you can cover that distance. Example, if you never run more then 1.5 miles you may want to start increasing your mileage. Other than that you'll be good. It's fun and not too hard unless you are doing the spartan death race. That's a whole 'nother deal all together. I've ran a couple tough mudders and spartan races among other adventure races. You'll have a great time
What did you like more the tough mudder or spartan race? I'm doing a tough mudder in march but my cousin says I should do a spartan race because they're harder/more fun