AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Any1 use the hammer strength machines?
What do you guys think about them?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I use a few on occasion (bench / incline bench, and rows for the most part) occasionally use the seated shoulder press.

In terms of machines - those are my first choices compared to the other machines at the gym.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I use a few on occasion (bench / incline bench, and rows for the most part) occasionally use the seated shoulder press.

In terms of machines - those are my first choices compared to the other machines at the gym.
Yeah.
Never used them much. Wonder how much they can actually help you out?

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
I use them on deload week to get some lagging size up to par one arm at a time.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I use them on deload week to get some lagging size up to par one arm at a time.
Right...
Think it's a great tool for proper form as well...
I usually hit them when I'm tired...
Plan on using them more....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There good machines, but they don't accomodate the strength curve very well. However, they're great for hypertrophy.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
There good machines, but they don't accomodate the strength curve very well. However, they're great for hypertrophy.
Good to know.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the pullover machine, its the only one I use pretty consistently

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Hammer Strength and other plate loaded machines are great. I personally like the hammer strength flat bench an ofcourse the seated rows. There's a lat Pulldown machine that is plate loaded that is not made by hammer strength. I enjoy doing it for reverse grip pulldowns. Plate loaded leverage machines are great for isolation. If all you care about is strength and how much you lift than stick to freeweights

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Think I'm going to try some hammer strength.
Been doing the free weights, I hate to say it but been using that mostly since last rear and only changing up my routine very minimally.

I gained some great size, but a few guys told me to try and get some more definition, so I started doing the high reps lighter weight, but think incorporate more hammers for a few weeks maybe longer and see what the outcome is....

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Think I'm going to try some hammer strength.
Been doing the free weights, I hate to say it but been using that mostly since last rear and only changing up my routine very minimally.

I gained some great size, but a few guys told me to try and get some more definition, so I started doing the high reps lighter weight, but think incorporate more hammers for a few weeks maybe longer and see what the outcome is....
If you want definition do not go lighter and more reps. You built your body on heavy weight lifting. If you want definition critique the diet! DIET! DIET! DIET!

Hammer Strength is good for isolation and control movements.

C Rex

C Rex

Awards
Hammer Strength incline press works nicely for me. I also like the low row. Feel that one all in my back/traps. Def. advise you to try the low row

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hammer Strength incline press works nicely for me. I also like the low row. Feel that one all in my back/traps. Def. advise you to try the low row
Haven't seen a low row hammer strength, maybe my gym doesn't have it...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The DY Row is rare, but I freaking love that one.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Any1 have a pic of this row machine?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Think we might have something like that it looks different though.

Your cheat faces the red pad right?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i love hammer strength....my gym has a bunch of them....really good to finish off a muscle group, like hammer strength preacher curls

i also like the variety of back machines they make....wish my gym had the lat pull down or the low row...but they are pretty big and with swinging parts, they tend to take up a decent amount of space in the gym

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
the only one i really dislike is the behind the neck pull down, but i am not a fan of those regardless of the machine :) I do love them for the better range of motion and the free movement for each arm. I dont have a spotter so for when i try to really push the weights for chest presses I go to the HS press :)

We have the pull over one as well, but honestly i have never used it

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
the only one i really dislike is the behind the neck pull down, but i am not a fan of those regardless of the machine :) I do love them for the better range of motion and the free movement for each arm. I dont have a spotter so for when i try to really push the weights for chest presses I go to the HS press :)

We have the pull over one as well, but honestly i have never used it
May go
Into the gym tonight and bust out some hammer strength machines....
Have not seen one for dips yet.
Supposed to be an off day but I'm feeling kinda good.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
May go
Into the gym tonight and bust out some hammer strength machines....
Have not seen one for dips yet.
Supposed to be an off day but I'm feeling kinda good.
My gym has 2 hammer strength dip machines. They are alright but personally I rather do dips with a weighted belt

My top favorite Hammer Strength or Leverage machines..

Incline chest press
Flat chest press
Shoulder press
And any type of rowing machines for back

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only one i really dislike is the behind the neck pull down, but i am not a fan of those regardless of the machine :)
whats interesting is that my chiropractor has recommended the behind the neck pull down for me. And his rationale makes sense. As a bodybuilder, your normal concentration on pecs + front delts has the tendency to pull your shoulders forwards and upwards in the socket, and by working the muscles used for the behind the neck pulldown you exert some help in the opposite direction

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
whats interesting is that my chiropractor has recommended the behind the neck pull down for me. And his rationale makes sense. As a bodybuilder, your normal concentration on pecs + front delts has the tendency to pull your shoulders forwards and upwards in the socket, and by working the muscles used for the behind the neck pulldown you exert some help in the opposite direction
Smart doc

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
If it works for you :)

I know the one time I tried a behind the neck lift (using a very light weight to get the feel for it) i pulled something and wasnt right for a few weeks. Just thinking about it makes it hurt lol..

That plus quite a few trainers / gym owners that i know sayign theyw ere accidents waiting to happen, was enough for me to pass on them going forward.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
riseabove5 Training Forum 4
VS91588 Training Forum 11
mixedup Training Forum 11
Dutchman 35 and Older 10
S General Chat 9