Now is the time...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
After watching Scotty do what I've been trying to do... And things going great for Matt... I signed up with Bobo and I'm fixin' to whoop my own ass like it's never been whooped on before. I'm starting the program on 9-12.
Stats (9-11):
5'7"
215 lbs (relatively dry and early on a good scale), but this is not the scale I've been using to chart my progress. I will use that one on 9-13 when my gym opens back up.
Pics are here.

ManBeast

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
.....for me to rise to my feet!
Love that tune.

Good luck MB!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go for it MB, I can't wait to see the progress.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do us a favor and keep a log on the public forum...and best of luck :thumbsup:

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
This is the public part of the forum I believe.
Did the "official" weigh-in (wasn't dry at all) at 217 pounds. I'm going to find a day to make the official weigh-in (most likely sundays) from now on. But I'll use this as a start point. These high-rep workouts are a real shock to me after a couple months of being in the 3-5 range for my working sets. So far the diet and I are getting along great... Yah I get cravings for crap... but oh well, they'll go within a week. I'm used to my body pullin this crap on me. Lets do this...

ManBeast

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good luck manbeast, I'm starting his cutting program now as well (deluxe). I'm sure we will both be happy with the results, I just gotta watch my self control :) (I can already feel myself craving ice cream...)

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Bob will show you the way. Good luck, stay strong, you will see results.................I guarantee

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to see the finished product. Best of luck to you bro!!! :cheers:

SS

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, stay strong MB...the first week is the hardest! It's a total change from the norm: diet wise and training wise.

You can do it!!!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Good luck MB. I just lurked through your pics thread, great freggin' job! I hate cardio more than almost anything, so anybody who has lost 100lbs has my respect! Now let's see what BoBo can do for you!

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Beast this is the next level in your progression,good for you man.With your determination and knowing what I know of Bobo, failure is not an option, youll be shreded soon..We are all with ya keep us posted. :thumbsup:

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I'm positive you WILL be quite happy MB. If tank-ass Scotty can do it you should be fine :rasp: :hammer:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i cant wait to see results too.. dont forget to get progress pics.. i jsut signed up with bobo too..

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ok.
Weigh-in today: 215 lbs on my "tracking" scale. Not at all pissed off, `cuz the last time I weighed in at the same condition I was 220 two weeks ago. I started really cleaning up my diet the week before I got on Bobo's program, but I attribute most of that loss to Bobo.
I feel weak in the gym, due to having to use lower weights, but according to the boss this is to be expected, I'm focusing on keeping my cadence and breathing right.
I'm doing fine with the diet (well... I am, but my ass sure hates it... LOL).
So far so good...

ManBeast

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Good luck, and as everyone said keep us posted. I am considering jumping my fat ass on the band wagon as well.

How much did your groceries run you MB? I am concerned I might not be able to afford all the food and what not.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
It's damn cheap if I go to costco and get most of the stuff there. I honestly save money doing this diet over my normal eating habits, even without "going out."

Update: Weighed in on Sunday at 212.5 strength was doing fine, a bit low these last two days, but I had a very eventful and active weekend (first weekend that the freshmen are all here in town ;) ). My shorts are starting to get real loose, especially the ones that are in the 42-44 inch waist, and the 40-42 inch ones are not snug anymore at all as they were when I was 220.

ManBeast

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Great stuff so far MB...good luck with the rest... :thumbsup:

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm at 210 today... ~7.5 pounds or so since I signed up with Bobo and it's been 3 weeks... I'm in shock... and feeling really small LoL, but I'm ganna keep on truckin!

ManBeast

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Holding... maybe a couple slight increases. Depends mostly on how much/well I slept the night before... Which (being in college) does come in to play regularly.

ManBeast

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Well... it is Sunday, so it's update day.
Weighed in at 210 (again damnit!).
Strength has been up a little, nothing major, but definitely noticable. Even though I'm feeling "crappier" overall (more tired, less motivated).
The funny thing is that I'm starting to notice myself leaning out when I look in the mirror... Really strange `cuz I usually don't catch anything until I compare pics, but hey... I'll take it!
Here's to a better week next week.

ManBeast

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Strength has been up a little, nothing major, but definitely noticable. Even though I'm feeling "crappier" overall (more tired, less motivated).
The funny thing is that I'm starting to notice myself leaning out when I look in the mirror... Really strange `cuz I usually don't catch anything until I compare pics, but hey... I'll take it!

ManBeast
Really looking forward to the before and after pics. :)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Well... the before pics are up... the last set of my pic thread were taken the week before I started.

ManBeast

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I've seen your pic thread, I was referring to the "before Bobo's" :D But in regards to those pics, you've made substantial progress. That's something to be proud of for sure.

I, too, am in college so when I read your posts which tell your story of the troubles college causes for your bodybuilding, I undertand...or more fittingly, I guess I could say in the immortal four words "I feel your pain" :D

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

ManBeast
Sounds like you are making good progress. Any strength increase is a sign of added LBM which means that you are losing fat because your weight is the same. The fact that you can see visual changes are great too, I'm sure in the next few weeks there will be some dramatic changes. Keep us posted.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Kwyck: I'm not sure what you are refering to when you say "before Bobo." That last set of pics in my thread can be counted as that. I'll have new pics around Halloween.

ManBeast

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Kwyck: I'm not sure what you are refering to when you say "before Bobo." That last set of pics in my thread can be counted as that. I'll have new pics around Halloween.

ManBeast
:p, I didn't notice that the last set of pics was only a month old....I thought they were older than that for some reason...Ooops. So, when I was referring to "before Bobo" I meant immediately before. Since I was under the impression that those pics were not as recent as they actually are, I had assumed there was progress in between we didn't see. But, my bad...I didn't see the post date of 9/08 :D lol.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty. Sunday weigh-in: 208, MAYBE 207.5. I can no longer weigh-in even relatively dry on Sundays, so I will start weighing-in on Saturdays I think. Been very tired lately, but I have also been very busy with school and work. Strength is creeping up very slowly, not adding pounds necesarily, but not needing a spot on the last set at a given weight (increment to next weight is a bit much to immediately jump and be able to maintain proper form IMHO). Bobo is da man!

ManBeast

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Well, I was wearing some of my smaller-waisted shorts the other day (40") and they are starting to get loose on my waist. Seriously... This is the smallest my waist has been in a very very long time. Stuff like this just encourages me to keep goin, despite all the temptations in this town.

ManBeast

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Well, I was wearing some of my smaller-waisted shorts the other day (40") and they are starting to get loose on my waist. Seriously... This is the smallest my waist has been in a very very long time. Stuff like this just encourages me to keep goin, despite all the temptations in this town.

ManBeast
I know what a great feeling it is having your clothes begin to fit better. Congratulations, and keep it up bro.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Doing a good job Manbeast. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do the damn thang! ;)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Well... No progress on the scale this week, but it's because my allergies came in and started to whoop on me. Unfortuanetly the first thing to act up really bad is my lungs (chronic bronchial asthma), so I had to cut the workouts out for the last few days, but I restricted my calories, and was careful. So I'm clocking in around 206-207 still. I definitely can tell my strength is going up bit by bit, and I'm leaning out more each week it seems (although not nearly as fast as I'd like to, but wouldn't we all like it to go faster? :D ). Time to keep on truckin. I'll get some halfway decent pics up here soon, really I will.

ManBeast

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Alright, after 2 weeks out due to allergies + asthma + almost getting sick. I'm BACK! I gained some weight while not working out :( BUT my strength held (barely). It's good to be back and going at it again.

ManBeast

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Good to hear that. Start kicking ass now!:hammer:

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Blah, I got sick AGAIN over thanksgiving (food poisoning) and now it's finals time... Here's to new years...

ManBeast

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Ugghhh...finals.... :( I've got one week left and I'm a maaaaaaaaajor procrastinator. I've got like a 92% in my Chem class (avg is probably like 68-72% though) and I waited to learn 100 paçes of chemistry until last night and I have a test tomorrow!!! That means if I dont get at least a high B, I may drop into the B range! LOL....I do this on all my tests, but it never gets less stressful. I don't know why I continue to do everythinç this way??? :think:

Goodluck MBeast ;)