Active recovery/deload workouts

1. Active recovery/deload workouts

I have been enlightened to something called active recovery workouts. Nothing earth shattering- basically every 6-8 weeks based upon how im feeling, I will force myself to take a week (5 days plus weekends which I never train) to do a deload/light active recovery workout twice a week.. Like on Tuesday and thurs or fri.

This is big for ME, coming from the more is better mentally, which I am slowly but surely changing. Just wondering if anyone else does similar things, and what workouts/types of lifts you recommend.. I'm thinking two full body workouts with just some light walking and minimal Ab work. I might also throw in a day of yoga or some extreme stretching. If I'm inactive too Manu days in a row, I go nuts!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

2. When I did 5/3/1 I use to deload once a month. so 3 weeks lifting then 1 week deload. I would just cut my main lift to 50% weight for 3 sets of 5, then my assistence work would be the same, less volume, or less volume and lighter depending on how I felt.

3. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321
    When I did 5/3/1 I use to deload once a month. so 3 weeks lifting then 1 week deload. I would just cut my main lift to 50% weight for 3 sets of 5, then my assistence work would be the same, less volume, or less volume and lighter depending on how I felt.
    Yea. I'm thinking I'll pick 1- 2 exercises per body part and do like 2 sets each of lighter weights.. Just keep the blood flowing. I haven't taken a week off or gone easy in over a year.. Gonna be interesting
    •   

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqMiP...layer_embedded

lots of ways to get a deload. Deloads every 4th, 8th, or 12th week is always a smart idea depending on what type of workout you are doing..also just remember to listen to your body.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BigKrabbe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqMiP...layer_embedded

lots of ways to get a deload. Deloads every 4th, 8th, or 12th week is always a smart idea depending on what type of workout you are doing..also just remember to listen to your body.
    Thank u very insightful. The thought of that limited work makes me equally sick and happy lol. Cant wait! Feb 13! Lol

6. a deload week every 4-8 week seems to be the most popular.

or you could do what the texas method does. which is an active recovery style workout once a week every week.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Deload - wow I underestimated this
    By StangBanger in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 06:29 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 07:17 PM
  3. deload / recovery week
    By stullsy in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 02:02 AM
  4. Question on recovery between workouts---
    By ndawson89 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 11:55 AM
  5. Synergy Pro-active recovery therapy (PART)!!
    By Guest in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 09:28 PM