The addonis effect

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ey all,

Has anyone heard of the addonis effect?
Is it any good?
If anybody is interested I'll do the log for it...
Combo it with Anabeta or last few weeks of it and triazole plus shred ultra+cordy v02.

Any thoughts please throw them at me

Chris

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Correct T

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know about that program at all. What I do now is working great so no real reason for me to change things. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

counterspy

counterspy

Awards
I'm aware of it. However, given the information we have available here, one probably doesn't need to invest in it... unless you choose to partake in their various contests and think you'll win some $$. Nonetheless, I still like to read about what the program's developers have to say, mainly as food for thought, even if that's getting harder to do.

Anyway, the jist of it is this: You're trying to recomp (in their words, a "transformation") to an aesthetically pleasing body. This is based on the idea of a "golden ratio" of 1.618, which was thought (going back to ancient Greeks) to represent the most visually pleasing length to width ratio for everything.

All you really need to know, is:

IDEAL Waist-to-Height Ratio: 0.447
IDEAL Shoulder-to-Height Ratio: 0.7232
IDEAL Shoulder-to-Waist Ratio: 1.618

If you take my measurements (of which, I only have height and waist):

Height: 68"
Current waist: 31.97"
Ideal waist: 30.4"
Current Shoulder (circumference): ???
Ideal Shoulder: 49.18"
Current shoulder/waist ratio: ??? (but it's probably 1.4 or less)
Ideal ratio: 1.618

If I were to meet these goals, I still have to lose 1.5" off of my waist and add a ****-ton more to my shoulders, all around. Their program is supposed to promote exercises that influence these measurements, while trying to dangle the carrot of positive effects, treatment from others, etc, etc, from reaching the ideal proportion.

Just losing the fat off of my waist will help my aesthetics, though I'd probably "cheat" a little and see if my waist could go down to 29". The shoulder requirement would be a bit more attainable.

Anyway, this is my take on it, for what it's worth.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah it's based around Greek numbers and golden ratio.
4 week increments starting at strength endurance, then 4 weeks of hypertrophy, then strength then power.
Follow a diet low in processed food and fast 1 day a week. Sounds good but muscular endurance...sounds like a marathon run for 4 weeks...slow twitch fibers aren't the best to burn fat

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All props to the ancient greeks, as they played a huge role in the development of physical education, but........

WTF?

You listed above a standard russian periodization program.

And, muscular endurance refers to higher rep weight training: >12-15 reps

Finally, slow twitch muscles are actually the most efficient at using fats for fuel: they have the greatest quantity of mitochondria and oxidative metabolism potential, which is the only way you can use fats for fuel.

Either way, based on what has been presented above I find it quite silly.

Br

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
All props to the ancient greeks, as they played a huge role in the development of physical education, but........

WTF?

You listed above a standard russian periodization program.

And, muscular endurance refers to higher rep weight training: >12-15 reps

Finally, slow twitch muscles are actually the most efficient at using fats for fuel: they have the greatest quantity of mitochondria and oxidative metabolism potential, which is the only way you can use fats for fuel.

Either way, based on what has been presented above I find it quite silly.

Br
Slow twitch no good to me...need to develop both type a and b fast twitch fibers. Slow twitch are only to aid my recovery training and deload