Back to the gym!

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Well hello there,

Been a while since I've visited the forum... Used to be an avid reader here but haven't been here for a while, so guess we'll go on a little story mode here.

So, a little while back I had just gone through a pretty good cycle of Androhard / Andromass, PCT was done, everything was going well.... All of a sudden, a bunch of work travel came about and I ended up basically not working out consistently for a month. Then came back and went back to working out, when I injured my shoulder once again - doing something ridiculously stupid I might add; getting out of the shower, holding the shower wreck, which collapsed and caused my shoulder to pop, fan-freaking-tastic. Anyways, that led me to be removed from the gym for another month as I was recovering.

If only that was it, it would be great... but once I was all healed up and ready to go, I had an episode of panic attack... I used to go hardcore on stimulants, lots of coffee daily, took Clen (as per recommended 2x2, lower dosage but still) for a bit there, and have the occasional fat burner... Anyways, long story short, had a panic attack, had to go to the doctor, everything ended up being ok. Then a week later I take some coffee and have another episode. Long story short, I've been stimulant free for 2 weeks now, taking some benadryl at night along with a supplement to help cool down the receptors (forgot the name now... I got it as a combo deal with Dexaprine... Revamp perhaps?).

And so here I am today... No stims, just taking the Revamp, ZMA at night, Fish Oil, Multi, Life Support, Vitamin C, and Joint Support for my shoulder. Starting to feel better - although from time to time I will feel "weird", not really sick or agitated, just weird, and starting to get back to the gym, do some cardio to lose the extra weight that I put on and whatnot.

As a backtrack, I'm on the metabolic diet, so high protein, high fat, low carbs. Been doing that for a while, beginning to wonder if that may have influenced and somehow screwed up my blood panels. Actually just came back from a blood exam today, so therefore will have to come back with results to see. My blood pressure was high, even though I haven't had caffeine for a while, came in at 140/80. I've been able to manage my weight not too badly, sitting at 210, not too high on fat.

So I'm going back to the gym now, and I was really wondering where to post this since it is all over the place, but figured why not here. I've always followed the DC training, and am wondering if I should pick it back up straight away or ease back into it. My plan was to start with lower weights, do more reps, and then progressively increase them until I get back to my peaks, where I am really going for the standard 7, 4, 2 or so on, and continue with the stretches. Any thoughts there? Should I go a different route?

I worked out yesterday, I haven't lost a WHOLE lot of strength (for the amount of time I've been off, that is); i.e.: used to bench like 85lbs each arm with free dumbbells, I was at 65 and did 10 reps with decent ease. I feel like with a month or two of training I may get myself back pretty close to where I left off.

So yes, please feel free to comment on the all around situation and feels good to be back to training and to the forum, missed you guys.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
DC is pretty intense, I'm not a fan of it for "rehab" or getting back into things personally. BUT with that being said, you know your body better than anyone else, so just listen to it.

As a side note, I'm not a fan of BP measurements while at a doctor's office, the stress/tension of just being at a doctor raises it a noticable amount for most people.

Best of luck getting back into things, I know the feeling all too well.

ManBeast

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I feel ya.

I wonder if I'd be better off going back to the old 3x10 or whatever, or perhaps even getting back to a 5x5 before jumping back to DC or if a gradual DC reincorporation may cut it.