When should I cycle creatine?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. That isn't the creatine. To my knowledge, creatine isn't a CNS stimulant. How close do you exercise to bed? How intense are you? Do you take other supplements? Those all play a role.

Also, if your protein powder includes creatine, you can drop the extra supplementation. You're just flushing money down the toilet (literally).

2. Quote Originally Posted by mattsams89 View Post
    That isn't the creatine. To my knowledge, creatine isn't a CNS stimulant. How close do you exercise to bed? How intense are you? Do you take other supplements? Those all play a role.

Also, if your protein powder includes creatine, you can drop the extra supplementation. You're just flushing money down the toilet (literally).
    I workout about 3 hours before bed. I workout after my last meal. My workout is about an hour to an hour and a half on average, except on leg days where I just do squats. I do take other supps, but I take them when I get up and fish oil I take after dinner. I take Vitamin D, a multi, Zinc and a calcium, magnesium and zinc supp. The reason I take extra zinc is the mineral supp has zinc but its under dosed.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I workout about 3 hours before bed. I workout after my last meal. My workout is about an hour to an hour and a half on average, except on leg days where I just do squats. I do take other supps, but I take them when I get up and fish oil I take after dinner. I take Vitamin D, a multi, Zinc and a calcium, magnesium and zinc supp. The reason I take extra zinc is the mineral supp has zinc but its under dosed.
    Unless you have medical issues or are taking medications that adversely affect your zinc level, you can drop the zinc supplement. Well, as long as your diet is in line too. Zinc can affect your absorption of other nutrients (copper and iron).

Do you drink caffeine or take any other stimulants? You could be exciting your nervous system to the point that you require an extended period to calm down. It happens. The athletes we work with (sliding sports) require prescription sleep meds some nights, as driving down a complex track at 60+mph definitely fires up the nervous system. That may or may not be what you're experiencing (high neurological stimulation, that is), but stimulants and intense exercise are the two culprits that come to mind first.

4. Quote Originally Posted by mattsams89 View Post
    Unless you have medical issues or are taking medications that adversely affect your zinc level, you can drop the zinc supplement. Well, as long as your diet is in line too. Zinc can affect your absorption of other nutrients (copper and iron).

Do you drink caffeine or take any other stimulants? You could be exciting your nervous system to the point that you require an extended period to calm down. It happens. The athletes we work with (sliding sports) require prescription sleep meds some nights, as driving down a complex track at 60+mph definitely fires up the nervous system. That may or may not be what you're experiencing (high neurological stimulation, that is), but stimulants and intense exercise are the two culprits that come to mind first.
    I'll have a cup of coffee rarely, say every few months. I don't take any stimulants. I take melatonin some nights. Lately it's been hard to get on a decent sleep routine. I always wind up like sleeping 6-7 hours and taking a nap. Even if I try to sleep all the way through for 8 hours I can't and I always get up atleast once to piss.

5. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD
    I'll have a cup of coffee rarely, say every few months. I don't take any stimulants. I take melatonin some nights. Lately it's been hard to get on a decent sleep routine. I always wind up like sleeping 6-7 hours and taking a nap. Even if I try to sleep all the way through for 8 hours I can't and I always get up atleast once to piss.
    Consistency is important. With my schedule, I have no consistency so I tend to nap. Nothing wrong with them, in fact 20-30 minutes can be beneficial. Now if it's a couple hours, that could do it too.
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine on a PH cycle yes or no
    By StangBanger in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 12:29 AM
  2. creatine on cycle? why not?
    By the GUNSHOW in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
  3. Do you run creatine when on cycle ???
    By mattakaspeedy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 08:32 PM
  4. Creatine Off Cycle????
    By srx600 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 02:00 PM