When should I cycle creatine?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Hey the doc has me on 600 mg of Ibuprofen again, because of inflammation in my leg above my knee. Is it okay to take creatine at the same time I'm on high levels of ibuprofen? Also the D3 supp I was looking at had Magnesium sulfate in it, it was a D-3 calcium plus mineral supp.
    ^any input? I'm a little concerned about this.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

since when is vit d2 an RX? I think you mean he told you what vit D product to buy? D2 and D3 is widely available OTC... if we are talking vitamin D that is in the ACTIVE form after being hydroxylated twice (calcitriol)..then ok that is an RX and needs to be monitored closely with blood work.
  3. Registered User

Never go by what your doctor tells you. Always take the advice of someone on an internet message board over your doctor. Besides the stranger on the internet message board has the best intentions for you and your health.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    ^any input? I'm a little concerned about this.
    I dont see why there would be any issues to worry about just stay hydrated
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Never go by what your doctor tells you. Always take the advice of someone on an internet message board over your doctor. Besides the stranger on the internet message board has the best intentions for you and your health.
    Everyone on this site seems to hate MD's
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

The D2 vitamins, it says VIT D2 on the bottle, they are gel caps. She told me to take one once per week.
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD
    I've been on it for weeks and have not cycled off at all. How should I cycle it?
    Cycle creatine in between steroid cycles. But if your drug free then 2 months then take a break. You going to drop all the water weight when you come off. Just make sure you eating to gain while taking it. You might try a test booster with it
  8. Registered User

No real need to cycle creatine, just drink plenty of water. And if you're like me and want to be cautious every few weeks take a week off the creatine and any other supplements you're taking and take milk thistle for the liver.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by joeblow1

Cycle creatine in between steroid cycles. But if your drug free then 2 months then take a break. You going to drop all the water weight when you come off. Just make sure you eating to gain while taking it. You might try a test booster with it
    Bad advice. You should run creatine right through a cycle and pct. No reason to take it out.
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough

Bad advice. You should run creatine right through a cycle and pct. No reason to take it out.
    You dont need creatine on juice. Unless you have fake juice your gains should be substantial on juice. The only time I even recommend creatine is between cycles. If your cycles are so ineffective that creatine makes or breaks it find a new supplier.
  11. Registered User

Creatine has more benefits than just strength and mass. If your using it for only that than your really missing the point and are mis-guided. It is the studied supplement there is and if you have questions you should really do some reading on it. There is this thing called "Google" it is wonderful. I typed in the word "Creatine" and got About 21,000,000 results (0.19 seconds).
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.

That made no sense at all. You can have a good cycle without creatine, but you'll have a better one with it. There's absolutely no reason it has to be either or. Creatine is totally safe.

*edit* -re: joblow1
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRock
    That made no sense at all. You can have a good cycle without creatine, but you'll have a better one with it. There's absolutely no reason it has to be either or. Creatine is totally safe.

*edit* -re: joblow1
    Use all the creatine you want Ill stick with test and dbol etc. Its your preference too use it or not.
  14. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

I take about 10g creatine a day.
    About 3G from my pwo, another 5 after and sometimes my protein powder has a gram or 3 in it.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Lol.... I run into this response all the time... There's NO reason NOT to take it, its not going to harm you at all, you can only benefit from it. Its cheap as dirt, cheaper actually, and it performs in a way in which steroids do not, in fact it has incredible synergy with many steroids, supercharging them if you will.

Go ahead and "save" it, all your doing is shortchanging yourself... Its something that takes a long time to load and requires saturation, you don't grow tolerant to it either, so its not stronger by refraining to use it then bringing it out in a clinch for pct... In fact you fail to get its full effects for even a couple of weeks in pct doing that.

Read up on it, what it does, how it does it and how steroids not only don't replace it, but work better with it.... Then come back and apologize for sounding like an idiot.
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    I take about 10g creatine a day.
    About 3G from my pwo, another 5 after and sometimes my protein powder has a gram or 3 in it.
    Bro, I swear you are getting alzheimer's... You posted this already... Lol... You do this all the time.
  17. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough

Bro, I swear you are getting alzheimer's... You posted this already... Lol... You do this all the time.
    It's that AndroMass man!!!

I'm always on something when it happens....

I'm subbed to over 50 threads, box full PMs and being a rep/board sponsor, & being on =hard 2 keep up! haha
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

So creatine will still be effective even if I take a few days off, say now more than like a week when I take a week of from lifting every 3 or 4 months. Also if I take it just 4 days a week will it have the same effectiveness? I've noticed if I take it and I don't lift I piss alot like every 20 minutes for like 3 hours, but if I'm active on it, I only piss every 20 minutes for about an hour to 1.5 hours. Even if I drink alot of water.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

So creatine will still be effective even if I take a few days off, say now more than like a week when I take a week of from lifting every 3 or 4 months. Also if I take it just 4 days a week will it have the same effectiveness? I've noticed if I take it and I don't lift I piss alot like every 20 minutes for like 3 hours, but if I'm active on it, I only piss every 20 minutes for about an hour to 1.5 hours. Even if I drink alot of water.
    There's a good chance that if you're an omnivore and take any modern supplements, four days a week should be fine for maintenance. You reach a saturation point (see, genetic limit) that is maintained by lower doses than your typical loading phase. If you're eating meat, you'll receive some from there, and most every supplement contains creatine nowadays. I would wager that you would be fine taking it every other day.

What cracks me up is how studied creatine is, yet how misunderstood it is. Creatine is present in your muscles regardless of what you're doing (it wouldn't be a fun few seconds between ATP depletion and glycolysis ramp up without it) mostly as phosphocreatine, but also in free form. PCr is broken to provide quick re-energizing of ADP to ATP so a maximally saturated creatine pool is nothing less than beneficial. And like i said, that level has a hard genetic limit, which you may or may not reach without supps (non-responders). Cycling it won't supercompensate; only increased muscle mass will lead to greater levels in your creatine pool.

To address other issues raised, it's also safe as it is naturally occurring in the body. I don't advocate spamming 40 grams a day with minimal fluid intake, but sensible loading and adequate hydration are perfectly safe for ALMOST everyone. Scientists are also looking at its effectiveness at treating a variety of brain ailments, so there's that too.

Finally, creatine is very specific in how it aids performance. Distance runners won't see performance gains, but you will likely see slightly more left in the tank during weight training and short, explosive movements such as sprinting (correct me on the last bit if needed, haven't read studies in a while).

Hope that helps.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsams89 View Post
    There's a good chance that if you're an omnivore and take any modern supplements, four days a week should be fine for maintenance. You reach a saturation point (see, genetic limit) that is maintained by lower doses than your typical loading phase. If you're eating meat, you'll receive some from there, and most every supplement contains creatine nowadays. I would wager that you would be fine taking it every other day.

What cracks me up is how studied creatine is, yet how misunderstood it is. Creatine is present in your muscles regardless of what you're doing (it wouldn't be a fun few seconds between ATP depletion and glycolysis ramp up without it) mostly as phosphocreatine, but also in free form. PCr is broken to provide quick re-energizing of ADP to ATP so a maximally saturated creatine pool is nothing less than beneficial. And like i said, that level has a hard genetic limit, which you may or may not reach without supps (non-responders). Cycling it won't supercompensate; only increased muscle mass will lead to greater levels in your creatine pool.

To address other issues raised, it's also safe as it is naturally occurring in the body. I don't advocate spamming 40 grams a day with minimal fluid intake, but sensible loading and adequate hydration are perfectly safe for ALMOST everyone. Scientists are also looking at its effectiveness at treating a variety of brain ailments, so there's that too.

Finally, creatine is very specific in how it aids performance. Distance runners won't see performance gains, but you will likely see slightly more left in the tank during weight training and short, explosive movements such as sprinting (correct me on the last bit if needed, haven't read studies in a while).

Hope that helps.
    I read somewhere that creatine malate, might be better than monohydrate, because it brings more of the creatine to your muscles and you waste less of it, which I would assume if that is true, that I would piss less when taking malate, but idk how true this is.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

I read somewhere that creatine malate, might be better than monohydrate, because it brings more of the creatine to your muscles and you waste less of it, which I would assume if that is true, that I would piss less when taking malate, but idk how true this is.
    If you're saturated, it makes no difference. Go cheap with Vitamin Shoppe monohydrate and you'll be saving yourself money (it really is cheaper than dirt). Even during a load, I would stick with monohydrate. It may take slightly longer to hit saturation, but I can guarantee it's the cheaper option. That's one thing about the supplement business--they cash in when people are ill-informed.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

If you're saturated, it makes no difference. Go cheap with Vitamin Shoppe monohydrate and you'll be saving yourself money (it really is cheaper than dirt). Even during a load, I would stick with monohydrate. It may take slightly longer to hit saturation, but I can guarantee it's the cheaper option. That's one thing about the supplement business--they cash in when people are ill-informed.
    I just don't like pissing like crazy lol. I've been taking 5g a day. Today is the third day I haven't taken any, just because I took 3 days off of lifting.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

I just don't like pissing like crazy lol. I've been taking 5g a day. Today is the third day I haven't taken any, just because I took 3 days off of lifting.
    I think research has shown maintenance with 2g. How much water are you drinking? There is overkill.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I think research has shown maintenance with 2g. How much water are you drinking? There is overkill.
    I drink about a gallon a day roughly and on days I lift I drink maybe close to two, because I take the creatine at night before I lift and I take a gallon jug with me, and once I'm done lifting that gallon jug is almost empty. So, I'm going to say I drink a gallon on none lifting days and 1.5-2 gallons on workout nights.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

I drink about a gallon a day roughly and on days I lift I drink maybe close to two, because I take the creatine at night before I lift and I take a gallon jug with me, and once I'm done lifting that gallon jug is almost empty. So, I'm going to say I drink a gallon on none lifting days and 1.5-2 gallons on workout nights.
    I'm going to take a shot here and say it's the water intake causing you to urinate frequently. Hydration is important, but you're not accomplishing anything by overhydrating. A gallon should more than get you by unless you're sweating bullets for hours a day. Also, make sure you're taking in adequate electrolytes through food/beverages. Not a problem normally, but sweating a lot and drinking a gallon during your workout can potentially cause some problems if you're training long enough or you gulp down the water in a short amount of time.

I've found cutting a Gatorade with water (half and half) is one way to do it. Doesn't taste the best, but it won't make you sick. Again, just don't gulp it.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I'm going to take a shot here and say it's the water intake causing you to urinate frequently. Hydration is important, but you're not accomplishing anything by overhydrating. A gallon should more than get you by unless you're sweating bullets for hours a day. Also, make sure you're taking in adequate electrolytes through food/beverages. Not a problem normally, but sweating a lot and drinking a gallon during your workout can potentially cause some problems if you're training long enough or you gulp down the water in a short amount of time.

I've found cutting a Gatorade with water (half and half) is one way to do it. Doesn't taste the best, but it won't make you sick. Again, just don't gulp it.
    I just get thirsty when I lift and I lift afew hours before bed, atleast 2-3 hours after dinner.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

I just get thirsty when I lift and I lift afew hours before bed, atleast 2-3 hours after dinner.
    Related question: are you diabetic?

Anywho, like I said, drink water but it's impressive you're still thirsty after a gallon. Haha. That's where I got my first question. How do you partition water intake throughout the day?

Actually, have you ever used a refractometer to check your hydration?
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Related question: are you diabetic?

Anywho, like I said, drink water but it's impressive you're still thirsty after a gallon. Haha. That's where I got my first question. How do you partition water intake throughout the day?

Actually, have you ever used a refractometer to check your hydration?
    No I havn't and I just had blood work done last month, everything came back fine except that I was low on vitamin D. I have checked my blood sugar before though. My stepdad is diabetic. I havn't checked it after I had ate, but last time I checked it before I ate lunch it was about 100 I believe. I can't remember if we checked it before breakfast or before lunch.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

No I havn't and I just had blood work done last month, everything came back fine except that I was low on vitamin D. I have checked my blood sugar before though. My stepdad is diabetic. I havn't checked it after I had ate, but last time I checked it before I ate lunch it was about 100 I believe. I can't remember if we checked it before breakfast or before lunch.
    Just a thought. That tends to be a symptom, but I wouldn't worry if your blood work is OK.

You can buy some decent monitoring stuff for cheap or see if a sports medicine/athletic training center could help you out. Like I said, that's a lot of water to feel thirsty. It may be nothing, but I tend to err on the side of caution.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Well I discovered my protein powder has creatine in it. I have never had the pissing problem when taking my powder. It states on the powder that the blend is 3.359g. http://www.sixstarpronutrition.com/p...us/index.shtml
    Idk if that means all the amino acids stated are that amount or all together. I always have my powder on days I work out post workout. So, I've noticed when I take the creatine, it doesn't really give me more strength or mass, but it does give me the energy I need to lift, especially if I got say 6 hours sleep instead of 8. However, I am still progressing on adding weight to my workouts at the same rate I was before I started taking creatine. If I take creatine and drink a lot, I piss alot and it keeps me up (1.5-2 gallons of water). If I take creatine and just have my regular amount of water I usually have say 1 gallon, I piss and it keeps me up, but I've noticed with less water intake on creatine, I piss just as much but in shorter streams. So, either way I may just have to stop taking it at this point, especially considering it is just giving me energy and not really making me gain strength faster. I just can't take not going to sleep until 3-4 hours past the time that I want to goto bed.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine on a PH cycle yes or no
    By StangBanger in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 11:29 PM
  2. creatine on cycle? why not?
    By the GUNSHOW in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 05:16 PM
  3. Do you run creatine when on cycle ???
    By mattakaspeedy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 07:32 PM
  4. Creatine Off Cycle????
    By srx600 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 01:00 PM