Best thing for arms

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Best thing for arms


    Right now I have a 3 day split with chest/tri back/bis shoulders/legs. My arms feel like they are getting smaller. Should I switch to a just arms day or what? Please help thanks


  2. what does you back and chest workout look like?? Heavy dips/deads/chin/pullups/rows give alot of arm stimulation, you gotta find out weather your hitting them to hard or not hard enough for your genetics, If i am running splits and do a big back day, my arms are pumped and fried! Sometimes for the ego ill chuck in a hammer/db curl for around 2 sets.

    What do your lifts look like also?? just looking at you weight to height i would say your fairly slim, maybe jumping on a fullbody would benefit you more??
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"
    •   
       


  3. Make sure you are not over training. Diet plays a huge role, make sure you eat enough to stimulate muscle growth. Food=growth. Stick with compound movement mention above. Dips, deadlift, pull ups, presses, etc. Rep and weight rang plays a role too.

  4. Like dannyn said, u must eat! U will never grow unless u eat. Also, it depends on how hard u hit chest and back. In my opinion, I think u should try pairing up bis/tris together and see how that works. And workout back, chest, shoulders, and legs once a week. So every body part gets one week to rest. And just make sure u feed ur muscles.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by cg123
    Right now I have a 3 day split with chest/tri back/bis shoulders/legs. My arms feel like they are getting smaller. Should I switch to a just arms day or what? Please help thanks
    If your doing heavy compound movements for chest and back your arms should be growing. The extra work with close grip bench, barbell curls, skull crushers etc. Should keep them growing. You have to trin hard and heavy if you wabt strength and mass. There is no easy way, if that was the case no one would be fat or skinny. Increase intensity and eat.
    •   
       


  6. Eat more and of course, chin-ups on the reg.
    On the road to bench pressing 400 pounds Currently over 360...

  7. try DC training if you can understand it. it got my arms bigger. also, do pull ups!!! then blast your biceps.
    BPS Representative

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Newtonselite
    what does you back and chest workout look like?? Heavy dips/deads/chin/pullups/rows give alot of arm stimulation, you gotta find out weather your hitting them to hard or not hard enough for your genetics, If i am running splits and do a big back day, my arms are pumped and fried! Sometimes for the ego ill chuck in a hammer/db curl for around 2 sets.

    What do your lifts look like also?? just looking at you weight to height i would say your fairly slim, maybe jumping on a fullbody would benefit you more??
    I switch between a 3 day split and a full body sometimes.

    What are your thoughts on full body Newton?
    Think it helps smaller new guys getting in the game?
    When I tried full body in the past it exhausted me lol....
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  9. I am 6 1 almost 190. I used to be really skinny like 140 a year and almost a half ago. And ya I have done full body already. Anything else I could try?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I switch between a 3 day split and a full body sometimes.

    What are your thoughts on full body Newton?
    Think it helps smaller new guys getting in the game?
    When I tried full body in the past it exhausted me lol....
    Im a big advocate personally on full body routines up to a certain point at least being around the whole 300/400/500 bench/squat/dead. When i say this though i mean the basic FB routines like SS or 5x5 and not the ones you find on bb.com ect. For the newer skinner guy provided there diet is where it needs to be, rapid strength gains with linear progression will yield to a faster change in body composition then your standard bodybuilding routine. (I feel majority of natural bodybuilders need to dabble in the powerlifting side of things to help with there physique development.)
    Once said strength goals are reached and lifts start stalling i would then get people to move onto my next preferred method of training which is 5/3/1 but using an upper/lower split which will continue you to make strength gains in the major lifts combining progressive overload through the main lifts, and some more progressive overload but mainly tension overload via accessory work. (Getting abit OT now )

    As far as you feeling burnt out on a fullbody routine, what was the routine exactly? was it a version you stumbled across or made up yourself? or was it a proven FB method. Either your super strong and were pumping out 500lb squats 3times a week burnt you out, or your diet and sleep were off at the time.
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"

  11. Quote Originally Posted by cg123 View Post
    I am 6 1 almost 190. I used to be really skinny like 140 a year and almost a half ago. And ya I have done full body already. Anything else I could try?
    again though wheres your strength levels at? Get your macros and cals perfected and i reckon you could still milk linear progression if your strength isnt that great yet and make good gains from it.
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"

  12. My strength is good and I have been lifting heavy. Everything is fine. I just wanted to know some tips to bigger arms because that is my main goal

  13. Quote Originally Posted by cg123 View Post
    My strength is good and I have been lifting heavy. Everything is fine. I just wanted to know some tips to bigger arms because that is my main goal
    No worries, if thats the case i would be beating a dead horse if i said anymore, everything has been posted on how to get bigger arms in the previous 10 posts

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Newtonselite

    Im a big advocate personally on full body routines up to a certain point at least being around the whole 300/400/500 bench/squat/dead. When i say this though i mean the basic FB routines like SS or 5x5 and not the ones you find on bb.com ect. For the newer skinner guy provided there diet is where it needs to be, rapid strength gains with linear progression will yield to a faster change in body composition then your standard bodybuilding routine. (I feel majority of natural bodybuilders need to dabble in the powerlifting side of things to help with there physique development.)
    Once said strength goals are reached and lifts start stalling i would then get people to move onto my next preferred method of training which is 5/3/1 but using an upper/lower split which will continue you to make strength gains in the major lifts combining progressive overload through the main lifts, and some more progressive overload but mainly tension overload via accessory work. (Getting abit OT now )

    As far as you feeling burnt out on a fullbody routine, what was the routine exactly? was it a version you stumbled across or made up yourself? or was it a proven FB method. Either your super strong and were pumping out 500lb squats 3times a week burnt you out, or your diet and sleep were off at the time.
    I'd take it that diet and sleep was off.
    I was doing like 2 exercises and about each muscle and 2 sets by 10 reps....
    It was a routine I found.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I'd take it that diet and sleep was off.
    I was doing like 2 exercises and about each muscle and 2 sets by 10 reps....
    It was a routine I found.
    congratz on the rep position to bro!

  16. Im on a 4 day split focusing on indirect/direct muscle stress. Arms (especially biceps) are a tough growing point for me. Earlier in the week I hit back and 2-3 days later directly lift biceps.

    One week is just heavy powerlifts. Every other week I crosstrain bis/tris as so:
    Superset 1:
    Bis 4-6 ---> Tris 16-20 (3 sets)
    Superset 2:
    Tris 4-6 ---> Bis 16-20 (3 sets) <--repeat sequence with alternative exercises

    I can be pretty brutal both resistance and cardio
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  17. I used to use the same split, and I didn't feel like my arms were growing like they should have been. I started doing the following on cardio days and my arms did start to look more full:

    Basically it's two supersets.

    8 sets db curls alternating with triceps pushdowns with no rest between either. So curl/pushdown/curl/pushdown 4 times. The pump is unreal.

    Rest 2 minutes then immediately get into:

    8 sets bb curls alternating with bench triceps dips. Same deal as with the above - no rest. Use roughly 80% of the weight you'd usually use for curls/pushdowns and see if you can make it through. It absolutely wrecked me the first time through.

  18. yeah i hate full body as well. when im in school, i do DC training mainly so i only have to be in the gym three days a week and yet its one of the hardest yet rewarding routine i have done.
    BPS Representative

  19. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla
    yeah i hate full body as well. when im in school, i do DC training mainly so i only have to be in the gym three days a week and yet its one of the hardest yet rewarding routine i have done.
    Everyone tells me about dc and gives me articles and reading and I have read this. Can u or someone just finally give me a workout plan with excercises sets etc?

  20. it isnt just a "workout" like you think it is. there is more to understand. all u have to do is search the forum and you will find your answer

    Article on DC training
    BPS Representative

  21. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla
    it isnt just a "workout" like you think it is. there is more to understand. all u have to do is search the forum and you will find your answer

    Article on DC training
    Ok I don't understand why there is only an A1 and B1 if it is a 3 day split?

  22. its split up with A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 each with its own workouts. for example

    Monday - A1 - follow the workouts for A1

    Wednesday - B1 follow for B1

    Friday - A2

    Monday - B2

    Wednesday - A3

    Friday - B3


    ...etc
    BPS Representative

  23. Quote Originally Posted by cg123 View Post
    Ok I don't understand why there is only an A1 and B1 if it is a 3 day split?
    if you didnt understand that, you arent ready for DC.
    BPS Representative

  24. Quote Originally Posted by cg123

    Everyone tells me about dc and gives me articles and reading and I have read this. Can u or someone just finally give me a workout plan with excercises sets etc?
    There isnt a magical plan or number of sets. Its based on hard work, diet, intensity, dedication, and time. No one will have 22 inch guns in a couple months unless your a fat ass. But thats not muscle its fat. Do heavy compound movements then do barbell curls, cable curls, and hammer curls. Do them as intensely as you can. Then eat like a man that wants to be jacked. There is no shortcut it takes time to get big. There is only one secret, lift big + eat big = get big. Do this and in a few years youll have some decent size.

  25. Weighted dips and chin ups are the best thing for overall arm size. IMO.
    Remember why you started.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Weighted dips and chin ups are the best thing for overall arm size. IMO.

    oh i agree. my arms really respond well to reverse grip bench press and pull ups. love em
    BPS Representative

  27. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    it isnt just a "workout" like you think it is. there is more to understand. all u have to do is search the forum and you will find your answer

    Article on DC training
    I got all the books and there video, its pretty full on! Great program imo.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    oh i agree. my arms really respond well to reverse grip bench press and pull ups. love em
    How safe is going heavy with a reverse grip on the bench? I've heard mixed reports about grip giving out, throats being crushed...etc. But I've also heard it's a great exercise.

  29. Had stubborn arms, found my answer when i got them from 14"-17" in one year drug free. (didnt gain any arm size on my 4week havoc try , so i dont count it) my stats 5'4" 175lbs, approx 15% bf and 17"-17'5" pumped.

    Started with 11".
    1. Gain overall size.
    2. For me, the dips and pullups thing and minimal arm work only seems to work for those with low insertions and good arm genetics.. But is a good way to start.
    3. My arms only grow on 12-20 reps works, minimum 20sets, training until they are max pumped and i hardly can lift anything.
    They get their strength training from alot heavier chest and back work.

    Split for succes:
    Chest triceps( closegrip bench the first exercise for both chest and triceps... If tris are weaker than chest.. Mine where, now the are equal)
    Back biceps.
    Shouldes triceps
    Legs biceps
    Rest
    Repeat
    Or insert rest days after need. Vary volume and rep ranges . Lower , heavier means more rest days ...
    Different exercises on the two arm workouts per round.

    Slightly based on cedric mc millans plan. Can also be used for a hit like routine too.. I vary.. I gain strengh during a lower rep phase, (2-4 reps) and size comes when i then switch to high volume later.

    Ive tried no training arms, doing very little arm work, until i tried high frequency for them.

    Ps dont start with 20 -30 sets, start with little and get used to high volume over time.

    Just my idea, worked wonders for me, might not for you.

  30. Ps i started with bodyweight of 49kgs and 11" arms 16 years ago. Started put with high volume lee priest like training , and grew up to 13-14" in short time, then i got into the hit/hd thing and they stayed the same for 10years, but gradually everything grew more than arms, after a while they look really small...so i though, after dc training and higher frequency got them up to 15" but the rest of my body grew even better, hence not a good look, especially considering i always wanted impressive arms.. I started lowring frequency on the rest of my body, while increasing for weaker parts.
    Legs are my biggest bodypart, so i train them only every 2-3 legs/bicep workouts... Just to maintain.
    Another thing, legs seem to take away from upper body gains, my upperbody grew like crazy when i took 6 months off leg work...my legs hardly shrank..perhaps half an inch..

    Want bigger arms, dont train legs for awhile...squatting never improved my arms,..just the opposite.. But then again, got a really powerful lower body... So i canmget away with minimum leg work...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. GET BIG ARMS
    By Tex44 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 11:34 PM
  2. Arms...
    By DB21 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 05:08 PM
  3. Am I doing the right thing for bigger arms?
    By meiantse2 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 09:02 PM
  4. I did a stupid thing with a close thing.
    By x_muscle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Log in
Log in