Boxing and lifting. Help me out

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok real quick. Im joining a different gym. Its primarily a boxing facility, but they have weights. My question is what would be the best way to integrate lifting in with a boxing regimen. My buddy used to box so he's going to train me. I trained him with the lifting so know Im trying to get the best of both worlds. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

J

joeblow1

Awards
Ok real quick. Im joining a different gym. Its primarily a boxing facility, but they have weights. My question is what would be the best way to integrate lifting in with a boxing regimen. My buddy used to box so he's going to train me. I trained him with the lifting so know Im trying to get the best of both worlds. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
Pick your poison. You can only be good at one thing or you can be half assed at 2. If your fighting lift weights to be a better fighter. If you want to be a lifter ie bb, pl, strong man, cross fit or some other version than use fighting as conditioning to improve your lifting. If you want to be great than everything you do is to improve your trade it shouldnt take away from it.

J

joeblow1

Awards
You cant be great at both only one can be king if you want to be the best. Everything you do should improve your trade not take away from it.

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
Both sports lend themselves to each other nicely. The boxing may be good for cardio days

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks..Yeah I want to be more athletically fit you know. So boxing is my choice...i dont want to lose out on muscle gains Ive made over the last 3 years or so. Which Is why I asked the quesiton.

My thing is I only know lifting/bodybuilding strength training/powerlifting etc. I know nothing about boxing. Its something Ive always wanted to do but never had the balls to do it. Now this is the year for change for me.

I may never ACTUALLY fight..Its just the training part. Because of busy schedules, my buddy and I will only have 3-4 days to train..SOOOO...once again. What would be the BEST way to incorporate both. I mean Should I dedicate everyday to boxing and after lift wioth compound movements?? Was thinking At least 1 day ONLY lifting HEAVY!! The other days boxing with ancillairy lifting...Im lost Help me out.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok..Sounds good. Ill give it a try

A

Alpha Mind

Awards
I have training Holland-style kickboxing for several years and am taking some time off to focus exclusively on my hands (boxing). If you are not trying to lose weight, you will need to increase your calorie intake. Boxing will turn your body into a furnace, and if you're body isn't getting enough calories, it will cannibalize your muscle tissue, fast too. Coconut water is an awesome way to keep some calories in your system halfway through your striking workout and it keeps you really hydrated. Much better than any sports drink.