What's more annoying?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. What's more annoying?


    What do you find more aggravating/annoying?
    A) The guy who grunts like a wild boar during mating season
    B) The guy who finds it necessary to pretend he's Wiz Kalifa in the mirror between sets
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka


  2. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    What do you find more aggravating/annoying?
    A) The guy who grunts like a wild boar during mating season
    B) The guy who finds it necessary to pretend he's Wiz Kalifa in the mirror between sets
    A muthaphucka askin me how many sets I got left... Hit another exercise and check back in a few minutes...
    Just because u asked me I got 3 more
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    What do you find more aggravating/annoying?
    A) The guy who grunts like a wild boar during mating season
    B) The guy who finds it necessary to pretend he's Wiz Kalifa in the mirror between sets
    Neither, the guy who is hogging the weights I want...
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

    Neither, the guy who is hogging the weights I want...
    Ask him how many sets he has left...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Ask him how many sets he has left...
    LMAO!

    I have since enjoyed working out at home. Though I do go to the gym once or twice a month. When I move back to hawaii I know i'm going to run in to these fools who hog stuff, make noise, etc... sigh... and I'm going to probably be working a normal job and have no choice but to hit the gym at the busy times...
    RecoverBro ELITE

  6. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

    LMAO!

    I have since enjoyed working out at home. Though I do go to the gym once or twice a month. When I move back to hawaii I know i'm going to run in to these fools who hog stuff, make noise, etc... sigh... and I'm going to probably be working a normal job and have no choice but to hit the gym at the busy times...
    U still be teaching right? When & why u moving back? How u end up there anyways?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    U still be teaching right? When & why u moving back? How u end up there anyways?
    JET program. Teaching english in Japan. Max 5 years, Max pension 3 years. I'm on my third year. Going back in Late July. Probably go back home and work at a Hotel. The new Disney Resorts look pretty good.... lol. maybe I can workout there!
    RecoverBro ELITE

  8. Dont have any problems with anything/anyone any more have more then enough gear in my garage, shifting between rentals every yr or so is a MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS!!!
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"

  9. I put in head phones and ignore people when they try to talk to me..

    The guy who blocks the entire rack doing entirely too much weight, with what has got to be painful form, .. You know him .. Doing alternating curls of 60lb with 10" biceps

  10. I hate when your just trying to lift alone, do your own stuff sometimes im in a terrible mood and just want to go about my business and get out. And people are either just akwardly close to you doin something they could do on other side of gym where its empty, feel the need to give adivce mid rep, or that akward moment when you know some kid wants to use the area your in but won't say anything and kinda just stares at out even when hes on other side of room just staring.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by SMC USA View Post
    I put in head phones and ignore people when they try to talk to me..

    The guy who blocks the entire rack doing entirely too much weight, with what has got to be painful form, .. You know him .. Doing alternating curls of 60lb with 10" biceps
    This! I no longer wait til they are done or even say excuse me. I find it so irritating that they are right in front of the rack that i just shove my way in to get the DBs I want while rolling my eyes and biting my tongue.
    iTrain…iCompete…iDominate…iFor ce!
    iForce Nutrition Sponsored Athlete www.iforcenutrition.com
    www.SuzanneGermano.com

  12. grunters are ****ing annoying especially when the weight isnt that much. But high schoolers talking around a piece of equipment are the worst.
    Or people who leave a bench, and return 15-20 minutes later, wondering why you're using it.

  13. Grunters get my vote! Also love the people that don't warm up just bro stretch and then try maxing out. Always ends up a pathetic lift and they look like fools. Stupidity is rampant.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

    A muthaphucka askin me how many sets I got left... Hit another exercise and check back in a few minutes...
    Just because u asked me I got 3 more
    Why is this so annoying to you?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  15. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    What do you find more aggravating/annoying?
    A) The guy who grunts like a wild boar during mating season
    B) The guy who finds it necessary to pretend he's Wiz Kalifa in the mirror between sets
    I dont know what a Wiz kalifa is but by its name im sure its annoying. Grunting during deadlifts or squats understandable but doing curls un necessary.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

    Why is this so annoying to you?
    Because sometimes I don't know how many sets I have left. Plus I don't like to feel rushed... When I'm done I'm done.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by joeblow1

    I dont know what a Wiz kalifa is but by its name im sure its annoying. Grunting during deadlifts or squats understandable but doing curls un necessary.
    Wiz is a rapper mane lol
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  18. Grunters. People who cannot rerack the plates really piss me off too. Dont leave 225 on the squat rack cuz maybe my girl wants to use it next.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

    Wiz is a rapper mane lol
    Ok so that would definately piss me off. Some a hole singing in front of the mirror would be annoying. I hate when idiots distract my training sessions with nonsense.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by joeblow1

    Ok so that would definately piss me off. Some a hole singing in front of the mirror would be annoying. I hate when idiots distract my training sessions with nonsense.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    A muthaphucka askin me how many sets I got left... Hit another exercise and check back in a few minutes...
    Just because u asked me I got 3 more
    Hahahahahahah yup!

  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    What do you find more aggravating/annoying?
    A) The guy who grunts like a wild boar during mating season
    B) The guy who finds it necessary to pretend he's Wiz Kalifa in the mirror between sets
    B

    The ridiculous grunts on EVERY rep are annoying, but I blast my iPod, anyway, so it doesn't bother me that much.

    For whatever reason, I absolutely cannot STAND people who flex in the mirrors. I don't know why, because I know it's becoming more commonplace, but it just is bad etiquette in my opinion. Save it for when you're there at night and no one else is or for the bathroom mirror. I'd be lying if I said I didn't flex, but I do that at home if I want to look. Now I'm not saying I don't sneak a glance in the mirror when I'm carrying a 95lb DB to see how my tricep separation is looking, and I obviously look during sets, but just full-on flexing or even worse, the lifting up of the shirt to look at "abs" (this is in quotations because the majority of the time, it's someone who is rail skinny and you just see ribs) irritates me to no end.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  23. I think its more annoying to the guy walking around giving advice on technique when he then does butt bobbs as squats and rocks his bicep curls and then grunts while doing it.

  24. I hate a ****tard who puts the db in the wrong place.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

    Because sometimes I don't know how many sets I have left. Plus I don't like to feel rushed... When I'm done I'm done.
    Ahh I see where you're coming from, if I ask I always tell the person don't feel rushed at all ill get something done in the mean time.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  26. No "curls in the squat rack" option?

    Question is invalid.

  27. I hate it when people squat in the curl rack!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  28. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Because sometimes I don't know how many sets I have left. Plus I don't like to feel rushed... When I'm done I'm done.
    its not to rush the person (in my case), I just wanna know if I should go do another exercise. if somebody will be spending 5-10 mins on a piece of equipment and its too much of a hassle to work in, might as well not sit around waiting for that to happen, and miss out on another piece of equipment (my gym sucks).

  29. I don't have a problem with the guys flexing but I can't stand the people doing circuits hogging up like four things then act so surprised when u jump on their sh*t

    And leave a lil something at each piece of equip to mark their territory.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh
    I hate it when people squat in the curl rack!
    Lmao!

  31. Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the guys flexing but I can't stand the people doing circuits hogging up like four things then act so surprised when u jump on their sh*t

    And leave a lil something at each piece of equip to mark their territory.
    That really annoys the crap out of me too!

  32. I understand...
    I'll take note of the how many sets you have left and be a bit more friendlier next time.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  33. I'll go with A, though neither phase me, i'm in MY zone when im in the gym, have my ipod in, move from machine to machine, i barely notice anybody else there.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

  34. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I hate it when people squat in the curl rack!

    It's hard times man.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  35. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaharaja View Post
    its not to rush the person (in my case), I just wanna know if I should go do another exercise. if somebody will be spending 5-10 mins on a piece of equipment and its too much of a hassle to work in, might as well not sit around waiting for that to happen, and miss out on another piece of equipment (my gym sucks).
    Yeah, I'm the same way. And I, too, tell people it's no rush. But most people have a set workout of X number of sets, so I just want to know if I caught them at the start or the finish.

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the guys flexing but I can't stand the people doing circuits hogging up like four things then act so surprised when u jump on their sh*t

    And leave a lil something at each piece of equip to mark their territory.
    My gym is very small and they've recently brought on a 2nd trainer. Both of these guys are cross-fit nuts (which is fine; to each his own), but they train ALL of their clients that way. So, what the result is, now, is not one, but two trainers at the exact same time running the exact same type of workouts, which results in 2 clients at 4-8 stations. Couple that with the fact that one guy trains 2-3 kids, together, so they all do the same thing at the same time.

    My gym also only has 3 olympic bars - 1 in the squat/curl (lol) rack, 1 on the flat bench, 1 on the incline bench. That is it and there are no spares. There is, however, a barbell that has only a foot of space on each end and probably weighs 30 pounds or so. The trainers, now, have decided to randomly take an olympic bar and keep it in their little station (filled with bands, balance balls and like 2 kettle bells), along with a ton of plates (of which, you guessed it, the gym has very few of). So, I get in to do my workout, or move to a station only to find no bar and I have to walk all over the place in search of it. I'll strip their weights off of it and move it, too. What's frustrating is that they're very rarely using it, but they never put it away. They also don't re-rack the plates and sometimes the DBs.

    Oh, and people have been stealing the clips, so we literally only have 4, now (enough for 2 bars).



    I kind of hate my gym. lol
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  36. Grunters its great when 2 are working out together just call them TEAM SCREAM then they usually stop or leave lol

    How about the stranger that walks up and says hey how long u been working out ?
    Answer I just started today ! they leave as well

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Marms
    Grunters its great when 2 are working out together just call them TEAM SCREAM then they usually stop or leave lol

    How about the stranger that walks up and says hey how long u been working out ?
    Answer I just started today ! they leave as well
    haha.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

    Yeah, I'm the same way. And I, too, tell people it's no rush. But most people have a set workout of X number of sets, so I just want to know if I caught them at the start or the finish.

    Ditto!

    My gym is very small and they've recently brought on a 2nd trainer. Both of these guys are cross-fit nuts (which is fine; to each his own), but they train ALL of their clients that way. So, what the result is, now, is not one, but two trainers at the exact same time running the exact same type of workouts, which results in 2 clients at 4-8 stations. Couple that with the fact that one guy trains 2-3 kids, together, so they all do the same thing at the same time.

    My gym also only has 3 olympic bars - 1 in the squat/curl (lol) rack, 1 on the flat bench, 1 on the incline bench. That is it and there are no spares. There is, however, a barbell that has only a foot of space on each end and probably weighs 30 pounds or so. The trainers, now, have decided to randomly take an olympic bar and keep it in their little station (filled with bands, balance balls and like 2 kettle bells), along with a ton of plates (of which, you guessed it, the gym has very few of). So, I get in to do my workout, or move to a station only to find no bar and I have to walk all over the place in search of it. I'll strip their weights off of it and move it, too. What's frustrating is that they're very rarely using it, but they never put it away. They also don't re-rack the plates and sometimes the DBs.

    Oh, and people have been stealing the clips, so we literally only have 4, now (enough for 2 bars).

    I kind of hate my gym. lol
    That sucks! I hate when people steal equipment! And that's just the least of ur problems. Change gyms dude. Its not worth it, unless it's free. Lol.
  39. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by matt8483 View Post
    That sucks! I hate when people steal equipment! And that's just the least of ur problems. Change gyms dude. Its not worth it, unless it's free. Lol.
    Close to it, lol. I pay $20/month and that includes unlimited tanning. It's also only 3 minutes to my house and open 24/7/365.

    Plus, I'm locked into another year of the contract that I'd have to pay to break unless I move 25+ miles from here. In all honesty, I didn't expect to be living down here more than a year and it's been just over 2, already.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  40. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

    Close to it, lol. I pay $20/month and that includes unlimited tanning. It's also only 3 minutes to my house and open 24/7/365.

    Plus, I'm locked into another year of the contract that I'd have to pay to break unless I move 25+ miles from here. In all honesty, I didn't expect to be living down here more than a year and it's been just over 2, already.
    I got ya. Well if it's 24 hrs, that's great. My gym is too. But those 2 trainers can't be hogging all the equipment all the time then. I hear u on the distance too. I makes a huge difference when u live close.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. annoying pop up
    By ambulldog in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 08:24 PM
  2. Annoying gimmick.
    By RexGrandis in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 03:13 AM
  3. just annoying
    By quakebks in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 01:03 AM
  4. Annoying Finger Twitching
    By machine528 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM
  5. The most annoying member award goes to..
    By db682 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 04:21 PM
Log in
Log in