5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Marms View Post
    Answer I just started today ! they leave as well
    My other favorite question:
    Stranger approaches after staring for 10 minutes: Duuude, what supplements are you taking?
    Quickly whip my head in his direction and snap "Protein!" then walk away humored yet aggravated he didnt question my diet.

Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the guys flexing but I can't stand the people doing circuits hogging up like four things then act so surprised when u jump on their sh*t.
    When I am doing circuit or supersets I always time my workouts off peak hours when I know less people will be there. The gym I have near me actually has a machine circuit set up away from everything else with all Nautilus motions. Pretty clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Ahh I see where you're coming from, if I ask I always tell the person don't feel rushed at all ill get something done in the mean time.
    You dont mean to be a dick but you wanna let someone know kindly that you would like to use the equipment and also for you to gauge how much time until its available.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.68%

I don't have a prob with the circuit trainers but don't get upset when I work in ya know
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%

I forgot how much i dislike the "All you" phrase until today when I said it.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.68%

Haha thats an oldie but goodie
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.64%

I work out LATE at night most the year so I dont have to deal with this... during the summer I workout during the mid morning afternoon and most folks still arent in there till the evening when it starts to cool down...

I hate interruptions or folks on the equipment I need to use, especially when its 2 teenage girls just sitting there laughing at eachother, everytime I hear a girl laugh in the gym it makes me cringe... She needs to be as serious as I am if shes gonna be there, its not a hangout, its a gym.
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    I work out LATE at night most the year so I dont have to deal with this... during the summer I workout during the mid morning afternoon and most folks still arent in there till the evening when it starts to cool down...

I hate interruptions or folks on the equipment I need to use, especially when its 2 teenage girls just sitting there laughing at eachother, everytime I hear a girl laugh in the gym it makes me cringe... She needs to be as serious as I am if shes gonna be there, its not a hangout, its a gym.
    I hear ya... I used to wait till around 1am to workout in my college days to avoid people... Gym time is gym time, go there do work, leave so you don't bother others.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.5%

Tiny boys throwing their weights into the rack and then jumping up to make sure everyone just saw that they finished a set AND/OR slamming the machines with cables and plates between each rep. And honestly I'd say the guy who brings a cloud of axe body spray with him around the gym is pretty awful too...
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.64%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I hear ya... I used to wait till around 1am to workout in my college days to avoid people... Gym time is gym time, go there do work, leave so you don't bother others.
    Literally it was just me and the front desk dude in the gym tonight... Couldnt ask for much more then a whole gym to yourself.
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.76%

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    Grunters. People who cannot rerack the plates really piss me off too. Dont leave 225 on the squat rack cuz maybe my girl wants to use it next.
    This^^^ so fricking annoying
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    When I'm doing a heavy week, I don't mind as much, since I rest quite a bit between sets. During high intensity week, though, I time my workouts, so I hate the interruptions, as well.

And yeah, whether it's young girls or stupid teenage boys in a group of 5, it drives me nuts. If they're in my way, I'll usually ask if I can work in (or if they're d-bags, I'll just tell them I'm going to). One of the perks to looking bigger and intimidating (my awesome beard receives most of the credit for this).

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy1989 View Post
    Tiny boys throwing their weights into the rack and then jumping up to make sure everyone just saw that they finished a set AND/OR slamming the machines with cables and plates between each rep. And honestly I'd say the guy who brings a cloud of axe body spray with him around the gym is pretty awful too...
    We have the rubber-coated DBs and the 70's, 80's and 100's are all either both missing coating, or at least one is. It makes it incredibly difficult to progress properly when doing DB work; jumping from 65 to 75 isn't always going to work.

The trainer had some guy with the 100's, walking them from end to end of the gym, 2 nights ago. He wasn't doing lunges, or anything, but he'd grunt the whole time he walked with them. I almost told him that the 95's weigh more than the 100's since they're missing the coating, but I just passed on that one. Luckily, since they were missing the rubber, it didn't matter, but he would just throw them at the end, rather than take the effort to do a quarter-squat and place them down. D-bag.

Then we've got our good friend who I call "quarter-rep" at the gym. The kid is in decent shape, but he'll load things with absurd amounts of weight and not even get halfway through the ROM. I thought, at first, that maybe he was just doing this on certain lifts for a period of time to increase strength (purposely doing partials), but I've confirmed this is most certainly not the case. He's the kid who loads 4 plates on the squat rack, barely gets a bend in his knees and then claims he squats 405.

*sigh*
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.5%

I don't think that most people realize how terribly they treat the equipment. Or they just don't care... Holding back the urge to let people know that they aren't the only ones that have to use the equipment is a daily struggle. I try to treat all the stuff like it's mine and it gets to me when others don't have the common courtesy to do the same. My fiance and I were talking last night and we determined that for the most part manners have become a nonexistent practice. Maybe I've just worked in retail too long...
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy1989 View Post
    I don't think that most people realize how terribly they treat the equipment. Or they just don't care... Holding back the urge to let people know that they aren't the only ones that have to use the equipment is a daily struggle. I try to treat all the stuff like it's mine and it gets to me when others don't have the common courtesy to do the same. My fiance and I were talking last night and we determined that for the most part manners have become a nonexistent practice. Maybe I've just worked in retail too long...
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%

Im a very organized person so I find myself rearranging weights stacked haphazardly.
    Franz Kafka
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.14%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Im a very organized person so I find myself rearranging weights stacked haphazardly.
    I always re-rack my weights well at least 90% of the time.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. If I'm at a station, I typically put the plates all away where they belong if someone did it wrong. Then again, my closet is also organized by color...*sigh* My mother did a number on me...lol
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%

All my dress shirts must face the same direction towards the door. Each shelf is in descending order from upper body/top layer to lower body/inner layer.

I, too, blame my mother. God bless her wonderful soul.
    Franz Kafka
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.19%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    A muthaphucka askin me how many sets I got left... Hit another exercise and check back in a few minutes...
    Just because u asked me I got 3 more
    Right on. Love that
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.19%

I saw the craziest thing the other day. This dude in between sets would pretend he was a short stop.
    He would get in a short stop stance pounding his fist into his imaginery glove, with intensity all about him like hes in
    the 7th game of the world series.
    Then he squats down and imagines to field a fast ball grounder hit right to him. He fields it makes an exagerated play "like hes throwin someone out at first"
    or the other side of the gym, depends on how you see it I guess.
    This dude was making all kinds of plays. Cathing line drives and throwin them out at home. Fieldin grounders and turnin doubles, Man He Coudl Play!
    The whole time hes like checkin himself in the mirrors, maybe reviewing his form or maybe he just reyi likes how he looks playing imaginery baseball, I dont know.
    Maybe if I see him again I'll see if he wants me to hit some imaginery balls to him. He probably say something like "Yeah, that would be cool, thanks."
    I never seen nothin like it, right between two benches in front of the dumbell rack.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%

Quote Originally Posted by ken22
    I saw the craziest thing the other day. This dude in between sets would pretend he was a short stop.
    He would get in a short stop stance pounding his fist into his imaginery glove, with intensity all about him like hes in
    the 7th game of the world series.
    Then he squats down and imagines to field a fast ball grounder hit right to him. He fields it makes an exagerated play "like hes throwin someone out at first"
    or the other side of the gym, depends on how you see it I guess.
    This dude was making all kinds of plays. Cathing line drives and throwin them out at home. Fieldin grounders and turnin doubles, Man He Coudl Play!
    The whole time hes like checkin himself in the mirrors, maybe reviewing his form or maybe he just reyi likes how he looks playing imaginery baseball, I dont know.
    Maybe if I see him again I'll see if he wants me to hit some imaginery balls to him. He probably say something like "Yeah, that would be cool, thanks."
    I never seen nothin like it, right between two benches in front of the dumbell rack.
    You should have played pitcher.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.03%

How about the people who think they are god's gift to the gym, complaining about everything ppl do do wrong at the gym on these forums... Complaining about people who are most likely new to the gym just makes you sound like a jackass fyi

And I'm not referring to the OP, those are annoying gotta go with "b" there.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.5%

(sadface)
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%

Quote Originally Posted by mweaver84 View Post
    How about the people who think they are god's gift to the gym, complaining about everything ppl do do wrong at the gym on these forums... Complaining about people who are most likely new to the gym just makes you sound like a jackass fyi

And I'm not referring to the OP, those are annoying gotta go with "b" there.
    I hear ya. I dont like focusing on negative topics of conversation but this had my curiosity. As for the new-guy mistakes, typing up a storm on a forum doesnt accomplish much. Id like to think I do a good job in helping educate them to make improvements. But sometimes you just wanna go AHHHHH!!!
    Franz Kafka
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.03%

lol for sure. I totally agree with your posts on here, but some of the other people just need to settle down. Pretty much everyone is at gym to get in shape, which I gotta respect, even if they aren't doing everything right I know they are they trying to better themselves. I know some of my friends who don't workout say they don't like going to gym because they are worried how they look to the in-shape people, and a couple of people in this thread made me think of that.

But the mirror flexers and people taking over 4 pieces can be very annoying!!
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%

Quote Originally Posted by mweaver84 View Post
    lI know some of my friends who don't workout say they don't like going to gym because they are worried how they look to the in-shape people, and a couple of people in this thread made me think of that.

But the mirror flexers and people taking over 4 pieces can be very annoying!!
    Ive heard that. I've always told friends that people look more to see that your consistent and trying to make progress and better yourself and not so much how you look. No one was born with 22" guns at 8%, they had to started from ground zero too...except Chuck Norris.

I try to be considerate when utilizing mirrors. You know, hit a front double bicep right behind a guy who feeling self conscious about his stickly arms. Might get in the way of some equipment too.
    Franz Kafka
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.13%

There was a new kid who came to my gym this week. He was probably 15. The first thing he did was dumbell curls. That was all he did for 30 minutes then left. He was there again today and I asked him if he wanted to do some squats with me. He said no because he was only trying to get his arms big.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.11%

Priceless

Since I've learn to love leg days... my whole body has responded drastically
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.94%

I hate the skinny fat guy in there showing his buddies how to perform every exercise he knows...with improper form. Then these 3 guys butcher exercises and hog space for the next 45 minutes.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doss View Post
    I hate the skinny fat guy
    haha
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions View Post
    There was a new kid who came to my gym this week. He was probably 15. The first thing he did was dumbell curls. That was all he did for 30 minutes then left. He was there again today and I asked him if he wanted to do some squats with me. He said no because he was only trying to get his arms big.
    Haha, cheaaa, your whole body will see changes from working legs.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.33%

I'd have to say A. It's annoying to hear it and you can't help but look at the grunter, only to get more annoyed at how he looks like while grunting.
    If you march thirty LI with the same object, two-thirds of your army will arrive. --The Art of War by Sun Tzu Chapter VII: Maneuvering
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I just grunted pretty badly at the gym. If you got a problem, you can eat my butthole, after I get done with my DC set of squats with 425 for 15 :-D
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.9%

people on their phones or resting for extended periods of time while text messaging
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.11%

Haha . ^

Bro, I was just updating my log on my phone and trying to find a different song to hit some PR's.

Lol

For me, seeing someone showing his girlfriend the wrong way to lift.
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.94%

Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING pisses me off more than the guys giving ****ty advice thinking they are the sh!t, when in reality all they did was read a couple of issues of Men's Health...

The guy that is barely 160lbs telling the guy that's 135lbs "yeah bro, you need this, this, and that". Or "this is how you're supposed to do this exercise" and that being completely wrong advice. That just pisses me the **** off. Like one guy, wearing a sweet cutoff v-neck, who is telling his "brah" that for his bench press he should "bounce" the weight off his chest and give it a little bump with the chest, and take his back off the bench a bit when he does this. ARE YOU FKING KIDDING ME?!

Anyways... Rant done.

As far as asking how many sets, I gotta say, I do that, my workout is a DC workout so the cadence and the sequence of the exercises is very important, so I do ask just so I can gauge where I'm at.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING pisses me off more than the guys giving ****ty advice thinking they are the sh!t, when in reality all they did was read a couple of issues of Men's Health...

The guy that is barely 160lbs telling the guy that's 135lbs "yeah bro, you need this, this, and that". Or "this is how you're supposed to do this exercise" and that being completely wrong advice. That just pisses me the **** off. Like one guy, wearing a sweet cutoff v-neck, who is telling his "brah" that for his bench press he should "bounce" the weight off his chest and give it a little bump with the chest, and take his back off the bench a bit when he does this. ARE YOU FKING KIDDING ME?!

Anyways... Rant done.

As far as asking how many sets, I gotta say, I do that, my workout is a DC workout so the cadence and the sequence of the exercises is very important, so I do ask just so I can gauge where I'm at.
    Did you know creatine can help you build muscle and gain strength? Oh and make sure you eat protein

36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%

Nothing annoys me more. Then the skinnest kid in the gym who. Seems to think hes the biggest there and walks around with the imagery sheep under his arms. Whos as rude as hell. With the biggest ego. And when ur lifting will walk in the way of the mirror and start flexing his 5 inch bie and looking to make sure every one can see. The lifts just the bar and screams the gym down ( rant over )
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.19%

I don't mind the dudes that constantly check their abs in the mirrors...but don't do it in my field of view when I am in the middle of a squat set. I have to cancel the set because it's impossible to concentrate while the "Situation" show is going on. Front, sides, and then the Zoolander face, *$&^ dude you look ridiculous.

The other thing that makes me bonkers are the dudes that drop the barbell on the floor after the last 1/2 rep of deadlifts, and then follow up with a giant hooting grunt. I have to stop myself from telling them that lowering the bar to the floor is part of the rep.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.09%

i love the guys who do DB rows right in front of the dumbell rack. its like they want their ass in your view.
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.58%

I do dumbell rows off the rack? We got a problem bro? Im trying to rep 100s for 25 plus reps, and your saying u dont wanna check out my glutes? Homo
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.31%

Quote Originally Posted by GaDawgs29
    I think its more annoying to the guy walking around giving advice on technique when he then does butt bobbs as squats and rocks his bicep curls and then grunts while doing it.
    ^this^... I had worked for several years as an ACSM certified trainer and couldn't believe how many club members would offer unsolicited advice to other members, typically female. I would occasionally take them aside and kindly inform them that any injuries that result from their "advice" can land them in a world of problems. It was a kind way to asking them to stop sexually harassing female guest who were CLEARLY uncomfortable with their advances under the guise of advice.

Similar Forum Threads

1. annoying pop up
    By ambulldog in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 09:24 PM
  2. Annoying gimmick.
    By RexGrandis in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 04:13 AM
  3. just annoying
    By quakebks in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 02:03 AM
  4. Annoying Finger Twitching
    By machine528 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
  5. The most annoying member award goes to..
    By db682 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 05:21 PM