Thick Biceps

coachrob

coachrob

Awards
I need some help with my biceps. I have been really working hard for about a year now. I have developed a decent peak on my biceps. Now I'm looking to increases the thickness of my biceps (inside to outside of the bicep). I need some lifts to work the outside of my biceps. Thanks in advance.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Hammer Curls have worked for me.
heavy hammers have helped me out for sure.

make sure you are putting effort in to increasing your big lifts, especially squats and deads.

also keep progressing on compound back movements like chins, bb rows, etc.

don't get too caught up in the 8-12 rep thing...throw a belt on and do some weighted chins with slow negatives or some statics.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
You could try doing different hand positions. There's two heads of the bicep and you can work each one differently. Try a narrow grip to hit that long head and a wider than normal grip to hit that short head.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established

make sure you are putting effort in to increasing your big lifts, especially squats and deads.

don't get too caught up in the 8-12 rep thing...throw a belt on and do some weighted chins with slow negatives or some statics.
Exactly. Well said.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Agreed.