5 day a week questions...

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Simply put, I see alot of guys do 5 day a week routines, but taking WEDNESDAY off, and SAT or SUN.

Is this better than just going 5 days straight, and taking the weekend off?

Either way you get 2 recovery days, but is there an advantage to spliting them up?

Ie:

Monday: LIFT
Tuesday: LIFT
Wednesday: LIFT
Thursday: LIFT
Friday: LIFT
sat: off
sun:eek:ff

VS:

Monday: LIFT
Tuesday: LIFT
Wednesday: off
Thursday: LIFT
Friday: LIFT
sat: off
sun:LIFT

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
To simply put it without getting technical its a CNS thing, your muscles can handle going 5 days straight but your CNS for the average person cant, taking that 1 day rest in between gives your CNS a little break...

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
To simply put it without getting technical its a CNS thing, your muscles can handle going 5 days straight but your CNS for the average person cant, taking that 1 day rest in between gives your CNS a little break...
Kinda what I figured, just didnt know for sure, I mean, I did a 5 day a week and put legs in the middle to kinda break up lower/uper body. Do you think even while on a bulk, having the nutrition there you can still overtrain? I mean, assuming calories, protein, and sleep are proper and present?

I like being there 5 days a week, but think I may do 4 days..

Chest Bis
Legs
OFF
Back Tri
Shoulders

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Its volume dependant a lot also, take max ot for example thats 1 body part a day 5 days a week, with sat sun off, but less overall volume

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Its volume dependant a lot also, take max ot for example thats 1 body part a day 5 days a week, with sat sun off, but less overall volume
You mean like

Chest
Back
Legs
Arms
Shoulders

Would that be ok, due to hitting only one group each day? I mean, could that really beat your CNS up enough to lead to overtraining?

Sorry, just trying to learn

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
You mean like

Chest
Back
Legs
Arms
Shoulders

Would that be ok, due to hitting only one group each day? I mean, could that really beat your CNS up enough to lead to overtraining?

Sorry, just trying to learn
If you really want to do something like that, and dont mind heavy lifting go too Lots of programs thread post number (9) its got the max ot layout there! otherwise man train how you want, and what days you what with what ever volume, Just make sure of course your basic program structure is solid and no willy nilly exercises, and see how you go, Listen to your body, youll know straight away if your body is over trained, google symptoms of over training. Also make sure every week that your getting stronger on your lifts especially on your compound movements. If you are finding your feeling over trained, make reductions in your program, decrease overall volume add in rest days ect, until your not feeling over trained and making small weekly strength increases.

Tboz

Banned
Awards
I usually go 7 days a week... Take 2 days for just cardio... I think just try doing five straight and see how your body responds.. I typically do

mon-chest
tues-shoulder
weds-legs
thurs- cardio abs
fri- arms
sat- back
sunday-- cardio abs

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
I've had some good luck with my 5 day split
Monday chest and abs/cardio