Getting strong without getting fat

polarbearbig

Awards
Hi

I want to get as big and strong as possible and I'm willing to do almost anything to get there. One thing is that I don't want to lose my six pack. I noticed that most of the strongest guys have high bodyfat , this I want to avoid.

How do I get really strong but stay lean and cut?

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Depending on your experience, you may be able to get significantly stronger without altering your body composition. Getting stronger does not require bulking up.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Learn to diet and train for your goals

Tboz

Banned
Awards
take lots of steroids and eat your wheaties!!!...... train and diet.. Theres no magic pill u can take and pooof ur big and strong

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Part of it depends on your genetics and age. Also the length of time youve been following diet/training will help as maturity will give you an advantage.

The simple answer would be: you can't. If you really want to grow you will need to put on some body fat. Your body needs for hypertrophy. Start with eating 200-300 calories over maintenance. Eat clean and have some white starch once in a while. You could potentially stay lean but progress may be dreadfully slow.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Eat to maintain and train hard at 3 major lifts. Bench squats and deads. 5x5 cycles with supplementary exercises to balance out Body

weavedogg

weavedogg

Awards
Part of it depends on your genetics and age. Also the length of time youve been following diet/training will help as maturity will give you an advantage.

The simple answer would be: you can't. If you really want to grow you will need to put on some body fat. Your body needs for hypertrophy. Start with eating 200-300 calories over maintenance. Eat clean and have some white starch once in a while. You could potentially stay lean but progress may be dreadfully slow.
SAD BUT TRUE!!!

Really that is the most honest answer you can get. Some guys are cut all to hell and look great but never lift. Some people lift and watch their diet and never can get very big and strong.

Age and genetic potential are the biggest factors.

Training and diet, would be second in your quest to be a cut up beast, in my opinion.

Steroids do work great.

If you are that lean then bulk and don't worry about some fat, then cut and lose it while keeping as much muscle and strength as you can. I think that once you have been lifting for a while, you have to pick one: bulk or cut. It is hard to do both...did I mention how great steroids work?

bigyin

bigyin

Awards
It's all in the head. Visualise and attack. Refuse to lose n u can go wrong.

weavedogg

weavedogg

Awards
It's all in the head. Visualise and attack. Refuse to lose n u can go wrong.
Yeah right. Just put your mind to it and you will get huge. You don't have to even eat. You will grow on sheer will. Honestly, he is partially right. It is not all in your head, though. His last sentence is right...you can go wrong.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Yeah right. Just put your mind to it and you will get huge. You don't have to even eat. You will grow on sheer will. Honestly, he is partially right. It is not all in your head, though. His last sentence is right...you can go wrong.
Wait, what? Since when did thousands of years of human physiology change to say you dont have to eat to grow? I'm pretty sure air doesnt supply you with the necessary nutrients needed to survive let alone gain strength/mass. Im all about the mind over matter but we're still bound to the laws of the physical realm, my friend.

Visualise and attack.
Tackling fuel.

Alpha Mind

Awards
Hi

I want to get as big and strong as possible and I'm willing to do almost anything to get there. One thing is that I don't want to lose my six pack. I noticed that most of the strongest guys have high bodyfat , this I want to avoid.

How do I get really strong but stay lean and cut?
Lift heavy. Check out your abs in the mirror when no one's looking. If you start looking soggy in the mid section, go buy a kettlebell, learn to swing, and do 75-100 swings in the morning on off days, before breakfast.

Kettlebells don't get enough love on here, but those puppies burn fat like uphill sprints.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What about calories on a recomp?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Maintenance or slightly above and let exercise take care of the residual Amount
Slightly? So not 500 but maybe 200 would be a good starting point?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
200 is good. So when you train, you overcompensate for lost calories and expected burn

On non training days, drop calories by 200-500... Balancing act over weeks, not days...
We fluctuate in weight due to water and food digestion rates.