deadlift help

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
hey guys,
I'm posting this because I notice that all my lifts are pretty solid with the exception of deadlifts...I really don't know what I am doing wrong at all...I know my form sucks but I don't know how to correct it...any suggestions? I'm trying to post a video on here of my recent gym trip (today) as I was doing a set of 5 with 335

I don't see how to post a video on here so I also need help on posting a video to a thread!

please help guys

the video link is on here now...
You can also watch my cousins football highlight film if you like but please no hate comments....

youtube.com/watch?v=wfDpUgAqvFg&feature=context&context=G2643f79AUAAAAAAABAA

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
I'm unsure how to post videos on the threads, I'm new to AM. There is a decent article on AM titled "fixing deadlift stalls". In my opinion you need to take a couple workouts and just focus on form. Im sure there is a seasoned lifter in your gym who can help. Lower your weight, concentrate on form and fluid motions.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Couple of things. First off, ditch the straps. In my observations, grip and form in the deadlifts often mirror each other. When grip fails, form often fails.

Next, your form. You're lumbar spine is never flat. You don't set up with a flat back nor is it maintained. You need to increase hip strength and spinal erector strength. The rest is difficult to tell because I keep having to tilt my head side ways.

Br

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kind of shoes do you wear for deadlifts?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish I could help, but WHY IN GOD'S NAME DID THE CAMERA FLIP WHEN YOU BEGAN LIFTING??

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
all good input and I will try my best to correct my horrible form...the shoes I wear are normally Nike hightop trainers but in this video I was wearing my Nike 3.0 running shoes cause I couldn't find my others....the camera flips because my buddy for some odd reason decided it would be more beneficial to flip it....last comment then I'll get more input from y'all....when I let the weight down I do it carefree because I can't drop it or else I will be kicked out of the gym :( I'm not trying to to RDLs so that's why I just let the weight down the way I do

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
The best in the business - Dave tate on deadlifting.
[video=youtube;cr2_mCh2dUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2_mCh2dUI[/video]

Reactions: oli

The Cold

Awards
Newton nailed this one. I learned from Tate. Also try doing goodmornings as they will bring up your dead pretty quickly. So will kettlebell swings and box squats.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
That was an interesting video. I've always read or seen people deadlift with the bar against their chins and that has been how I have been doing it. I should fix my form.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That was an interesting video. I've always read or seen people deadlift with the bar against their chins and that has been how I have been doing it. I should fix my form.
Yeah, people always say it should be above the ball of your foot. I like it an inch or so higher up than that. But if it's against your shins, you do work to move it forwards, which is both wasted energy and a potential hazard. Same goes for if you start the deadlift too far from the bar.

You know I've never seen this video before. But I remember when I was doing a set of 6 on deadlifts a while back (for a 6RM), my 6th rep I pulled so hard I actually almost fell backwards! I shuffled back and had to catch myself. Didn't drop the barbell tho :cool2:

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
good info guys....

+1

I'm looking for a good pct stack for when I end my 4 week cycle...what do y'all have in mind??
I'm taking m1p currently and will end in 3 weeks

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Umm, prolly shoulda had your PCT in order BEFORE you started your cycle....

Just sayin, yo.

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
im a noob at ph cycles and pct....
i respect what your all saying and i take in all you all say
my question is why should i have my pct in order before i started my cycle? jw
go easy on me lol

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
go easy on me lol
Because if all goes to **** ull end up with some serious side effects, and even if the cycle runs wells ull still need your pct at the end, annnnddd also depending on what your running you may need nolva or clomid ect and well for me its not something i can just go yep i need it now and walk down to the local chemist and get some, by the time i source my pct out and what i need to take, i may have tits like pam anderson....

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
go easy on me lol
Like Newton said, if something gone wrong, you need a serm on hand. You could get really sick and has to stop, get injured and cannot cotinue training, etc. if got hit by a bus though, PCT can be skipped.

Order Nolva, Clomid, or Torem from Purity Solutions.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Like Newton said, if something gone wrong, you need a serm on hand. You could get really sick and has to stop, get injured and cannot cotinue training, etc. if got hit by a bus though, PCT can be skipped.

Order Nolva, Clomid, or Torem from Purity Solutions.
man i wish i lived in states, way easier to get hold of supps. Australia sucks lol...

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
anyone know of a video or even know the correct for a front squat form shrug?