Question about pain when working out

1. Question about pain when working out

N my 5th set of bench presses tonight I felt a pain in the tendon like area that is in front of my arm pit. I finished that rep and quit, the pain was still there only much much duller. I decided that I should probably just call it quits for the night. I didn't finish my last set of squats or barbell rows. Was that a good choice by me or should I have worked through it. It wasn't a sharp pain maybe a 3, it wasn't the muscle burning sensation either though I get hl. An hour has gone by and no pain there. Just wondering if I'm being too cautious.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--

2. How much were you benching at the time? And how was your form?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jethro52185
    How much were you benching at the time? And how was your form?
    Form was good it was a pr for me, it was 215. Up 5 pounds from last week.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--

4. Could have just tweaked it a little bit. It's not uncommon to have twinges and tweaks during a workout, but when they start to repeat and get closer and closer together it can be foreshadowing to a serious injury. Just go easy on it if the pain returns, and give it time to heal.

5. I think maxing is a way to get injured. Most of my PRs would be a rep out. I love repping 225 on bench to gauge my gains every few weeks. Every now and then I do 315.

6. I always advise my clients to err on the side of caution when they cause pain or slight injury during lifting. Better to let it recover and train next session or a week later than due further damage and be out for several months.

br

Similar Forum Threads

1. ECA Stack Question about Working out
    By Vikings73 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 06:04 PM
  2. Pain in my hands and front of calves after working out.
    By TheDiesel85 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 06:14 PM
  3. the pain of not working out legs
    By Delta Force in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 01:10 AM
  4. Muscle pain and working out
    By windwords7 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 03:03 AM