Deadlift lift and beats me diwn.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Anyone else get dominated by the dead lift? I do it every other time I lift for 2 sets of 5 reps and every time it makes me feel almost sick when I'm done. Just curious if others have this issue on the dead lift.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Sorry phone auto correct messed up some words.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do you stick with that rep range and frequency?

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
They're extremely hard on your central nervous system, as well as squats. I always make sure i take a rest day after doing those exercises. For instance last night i did snatch-grip deadlifts and snatch high pulls and today i feel like ive been hit by a truck. Just one of those things, but proper recovery after such a stimulating session is what fuels growth.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
They're extremely hard on your central nervous system, as well as squats. I always make sure i take a rest day after doing those exercises. For instance last night i did snatch-grip deadlifts and snatch high pulls and today i feel like ive been hit by a truck. Just one of those things, but proper recovery after such a stimulating session is what fuels growth.
I do take a rest day and alternate deadlift and squats..I don't have near the problems with squats that I do with deadlifts. I'm feel beat up after doing a set of deadlift.

So ex. today I did deadlifts, tomorrow rest, Sat I'll do squats, Sunday rest, Monday deadlift, and etc..

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone else get dominated by the dead lift? I do it every other time I lift for 2 sets of 5 reps and every time it makes me feel almost sick when I'm done. Just curious if others have this issue on the dead lift.
I honestly never feel that phased from deadlifting. Even if I go for a PR I still never feel phased. No muscles hurt, nothing. My last routine for the past several months has been DC training, and in it I do 2 working sets of deadlifts - one for 3-6, the other for 8-12 (but it ALWAYS ends up being 6-8 reps, lol). The only time I felt pretty pushed after deadlifting was on a deload when I did SLDLs with 315 for 3 sets of 20 (2 minute rest in between). That was pretty rough.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I honestly never feel that phased from deadlifting. Even if I go for a PR I still never feel phased. No muscles hurt, nothing. My last routine for the past several months has been DC training, and in it I do 2 working sets of deadlifts - one for 3-6, the other for 8-12 (but it ALWAYS ends up being 6-8 reps, lol). The only time I felt pretty pushed after deadlifting was on a deload when I did SLDLs with 315 for 3 sets of 20 (2 minute rest in between). That was pretty rough.
This is only my 3rd time doing the Dead Lifts (Always just did squats before this), I'm wondering if maybe I'll eventually get used to it. I was told form is okay, wonder if I'm overdoing the weight maybe.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is only my 3rd time doing the Dead Lifts (Always just did squats before this), I'm wondering if maybe I'll eventually get used to it. I was told form is okay, wonder if I'm overdoing the weight maybe.
Ah. Yeah, that could be it. It took me about a year off and on dicking around with 185 till I finally "got it." When I got it, the deadlift quickly went from being a taxing lift to almost being a "healing" sort of moment.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
When I go for max weight or reps on deadlifts, I often get dizzy and see stars for 5-10 seconds. I think it just means you're doing it right.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Watch your breathing too, holding your breath for too long and at the wrong times can really drain you fast.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Make sure you reset your back on each lift. Also many people recommend a controlled dropping of the weight instead of returning it to the floor with muscles still under tension.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I always get dizzy and it takes a little longer than usual to hit my next set...i would try resting a little longer and maybe going a little lighter