Best upper body muscle building routine

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.36%

Best upper body muscle building routine

I have been doing a three day split for a while and want to switch it up. My main goal is to pack on muscle especially in arms and chest but I also want to hit legs to because they are essential. Anyone have a good routine to build as much muscle mass as possible? Thanks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.79%

Just by looking at your stats man (6'1 176) i would personally stay with a fullbody routine and work out your macros and calories.... But in saying that, sometimes its good to have a change, especially if you feel your losing motivation on doing the same thing again and again, So if you want a break from fullbodies for awhile, I reckon you could get away with moving to an upper/lower split, (lyles Mc's generic bulking routine) or something similar, or since your doing a full body im going to guess its like 5x5 or something so maybe even 4 day split with 5x5 on your squat/deads/bench/shoulder press and some accessory movements to compliment.

Basically just make sure your constantly progressing week by week on your big lifts. The argument comes in that at your size getting stronger the fastest on the main lifts and eating in calorie surplus is what will make you bigger the quickest, and thats where full body routines come into play.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.02%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

You're going to get far too answers to this for it to be constructive. The only thing I can recommend is basic, fundamental lifts (Bench, Military, Heavy Rows) for about 5 years all while looking to concurrently increase strength and calorie consumption.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You're going to get far too answers to this for it to be constructive. The only thing I can recommend is basic, fundamental lifts (Bench, Military, Heavy Rows) for about 5 years all while looking to concurrently increase strength and calorie consumption.
    Agreed. Stick with compound lifts and their respective variations. Stay off the nambi pambi rope machines (unless your doing face pulls) and the such and hang out with the big boys in the racks.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Body Building documentary starring me, Ben Muscle
    By benmuscle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 05:46 PM
  2. upper body HIT routine advice
    By calidood in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 11:03 PM