Ab routine...is this good enough
- 12-17-2011, 11:53 AM
- 12-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Id incorporate some lower back either Back extensions or supermans, also some Hip Bridges to hit the hips a bit.
As far as the abs go theres a lot you can do to tax the abs i do them usually 2-3 times a week since there worked in the main compound lifts like squats as well. I'll list some of the ones i do below but if your doing variations of crunches id aim for 20-25 reps for each exercise and about 200 total reps.
Hanging Windshield Wipers (personal favorite there tough but burn like hell)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJBkAegr-cM video of them if you don't know what they are.
Cable Trunk Rotation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P_0Y...eature=related
If you have a partner i love these
Those are just a few of the ones i do but like i said before don't neglect lower back, and hips a lot of power is driven from those and are big parts of the core.
12-20-2011, 10:24 AM
overhead pressing, squats, and deadlifts will, IMO, do more for your abs.
- Squats and deadlifts activate core muscles better than stability training, ie side bridges and supermans
- Applied Physiology and Nutritional Metabolism 31: meeting abstracts, 2006
do what you are doing and what has been recommended as accessory moves.
you can call me "ozzie" for short.
Similar Forum Threads
- By JohnnyRambo in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 05-23-2010, 02:28 PM
- By Sonic2 in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 03-16-2010, 04:57 AM
- By Zr1 in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 05-03-2009, 10:00 PM
- By classic27 in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 08-10-2008, 07:01 AM
- By glaze1353 in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 04-30-2008, 01:53 PM