HELP ME PLEASE!

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone,

Here's my dilemma, I haven't taken more than a week off in the past 2 years.
Even after:

Grade II Hamstring Tear
ACL reconstruction...
Multiple Hamstring Strains
Multiple nights without sleep due to stress

I manage to get back into the gym...I do believe I have a problem...a fear of getting out of shape.

Now, its my senior year in college and my last track season coming up and my body feels so run down.
Can't focus in school due to the lack of sleep.
Constantly fatigued, losing strength and motivation. Using stims/coffee like crazy.
Can't seem to retain anything I study...just failed 2 Finals even after spending a week of studying. (never in my life have I failed an exam)
Having a hard time eating right...been following the LeanGains style dieting...

Despite still being under 9% body fat, I am so over it!
I'm thinking about taking a good month off of everything and just live my life.

Can any of you please chime in with suggestions or advice?

I feel miserable and even worse now that I just failed 2 of my finals!

greenthumb

Awards
I would take a week or 2 off completely. Eat and do whatever you want and see how you feel about getting back at it then. Sounds like serious burnout. I raced mountain bikes for 2 years, training 1 1/2 to 3 hours a day. Then quit completely for a few years from being so burnt out. Everyone needs to take a break and chill once in a while.

AdtheRock

Awards
I would take a week or 2 off completely. Eat and do whatever you want and see how you feel about getting back at it then. Sounds like serious burnout. I raced mountain bikes for 2 years, training 1 1/2 to 3 hours a day. Then quit completely for a few years from being so burnt out. Everyone needs to take a break and chill once in a while.
Agree I would say take a week off, recuperate.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Deload, change the program. Learn to rest, learn to control stress. Taking 2 weeks off wont help unless you learn how to avoid this from happening again in the future. Its all about balance.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
I had that same "problem" for almost 5 years until finally decided to listen to people when they said to take a week off every now and then. Now I kinda wish I woulda listened a lot earlier on in my training. Now I don't know about a 7 day week off but 5 seems to work wonders for me, I'll take 5 days off maybe 2-3 times a year.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Or you could deload and skip taking time off from the gym