6 day routine advantageous?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
would a 1 day on 1 day off split be more beneficial than a 7 day split (with two days off on the weekends) when bulking and using a low volume routine (4-5 sets of chest per week, 2-3 of triceps, 3 of shoulders is day 1 for example)? I am taking in massive amounts of protein and calories and remember reading an article by DC about growth phases. I figure doing that would give me an extra growth phase every other month (4 days less per month, 8 every 2 months). Bobo?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I tried it. I didn't like it but that doesn't mean it won't work for you. I tend to stick to 7 day split with 2 days off (one weekend, one weekday) and higher volume but with lighter weight.

All I cna tell you is try and see how you like it. Make a log!!! They don't lie ;)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I tried it. I didn't like it but that doesn't mean it won't work for you. I tend to stick to 7 day split with 2 days off (one weekend, one weekday) and higher volume but with lighter weight.

All I cna tell you is try and see how you like it. Make a log!!! They don't lie ;)
good point... ill definitely try that.. are you staying at a higher rep range with lighter weight, or a lower rep range with lower weight? i think i might add some volume this week.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Usually moderate reps (9-12)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
ill have to try that out and see how it goes..