BENCHING LAG

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
About a year and a half ago I dislocated my left elbow.. No prob got back into lifting as soon as it was done healing.. Ever since ive noticed when I start to bench heavier weight it's more difficult to lock out the right side. Wondering if anyone has any input on how to correct this

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
could you explain a little more?
On your way up you can't reach LO? and at what point does it start to fail?

I have a blown out shoulder that took me 2 years to recover and I had a similar problem with my ROM but mine was on the way down. Once I reached where my arms were parallel I had about one more inch I could go down. If I went any lower, I didn't have pain by my ligaments were damaged to the point where my right arm was basically locked at that position. I couldn't go up or down, but like I said no pain, just locked up.

If you are having something similar but on the opposite I would do a couple heavy lifts followed by a low weight high rep set that allowed me a full ROM and after time of doing that I was able to get to the point I mentioned above where just after level I have to stop, but prior to that it was much higher in my ROM that it would lock up

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
My range of motion is fine it starts to fail usually on the last set when my muscles are fatigued. I can't really explain it it just seems heavier on the right side.an yes I can't reach full lockout on the right side. If I was able to lock them out evenly I feel like I wud be able to do another rep or two. I line my hands up on the bar perfectly. My chest and tris are pretty semetrical if anything my right tri is a lil bigger.delts are also pretty even.. I tried using lighter weight with Dumbells for a few weeks and then back to reg flat bench with lighter weight and eventually back up to heavier weight. Didn't seem to help much though

Tboz

Banned
Awards
Its not good to lock out when benching heavy.. Try doing shorter movements keeping chest contracting