fat gripz

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
got them today and tried them out with a back-bi workout. holy crap my freakin hands and forearms are sore already. the pumps in the forearm and bis was rediculous. i dont know if im sold on them. but i can see incorporating them into some of my workouts just for the forearm and grip work.

on a side note. one of the trainers at my gym has carpal tunnel and really suffers doing biceps. he tried them out on bis with me today and said due to the thicker grip it seemed to alleviate some stress on the wrist. hes gonna try them on a back day to see how they go.

all in all id say prolly worth the $40

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, got a pair last christmas. I dont use them too often. But when I do, your right, the forearm pumps are ridiculous. I actually forgot about them. time to dig them out of my gym bag.

AdtheRock

Awards
ambulldog, I would have to agree with your overall evaluation of this product. I just purchased Fat Gripz offline for around 45$. Gave me a nice overall pump on bicept workouts, for back incorporated them into pullups worked great, definately is a good addition to a forearm regime (still i think rollers are the best), but overall would rate them 8 out of 10. It beats spending over 200$ for a fat bar itself. I actually have a buddy who having some tendonitis issues I will run a workout with him and the Gripz and see how it goes. Thank you

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ambulldog I have some videos using Fat Gripz as I have trained with them extensively. Thick grip training has anecdotally helped with tendonitis in some people.

The value behind them can be applied across the board, I know some very high end strength and conditioning gyms where all of the dumbbells have thick handles by default. Otherwise you can use them intermittently. Pulling and elbow flexion exercises tend to have the biggest weakness in comparison to standard grip size. Pushing exercises don't have as much of an impact (generalising) as you can cradle the weight.

Train with thick grips for a while and return to standard size handles for a greater strength increase. Pull ups are something I highly recommend and often do my first set with Fat Gripz before extending the set with normal grip after a 10 second pause.

AdtheRock

Awards
bdcc, thanks for the info on tendonitis. I have a client with some intense issues in his right elbow, I will have to incorporate this into our regime. Pullups are amazing with Fat Grips, way more of a pump.