military press, row, bench grip width relation

luka5

Awards
How is your hand spacing for these exercises:
BB row
Bench press
MIlitary press (standing)

For me, the widest is bench press, then about 4-5 inch narrower either side (jus outside shoulder width) row & military press

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
since no one answered, I will give it a shot.

for the shrugs, I feel it most when I shrug up while pushing my shoulders back as if trying to get my shoulder blades to touch. At the bottom I push my shoulders as low as I can to get better rang of motion. I just started doing DB shrugs seated while leaning a little forward and it has been great so far. However, I see many doing it the same way you are, so go by how it feels and the mirror. The weight appeards too heavy in the video but that could be your range of motion.

for the DB press, it was hard to tell but it looks like your elbows are too far to the front? other than that, it looks good.

luka5

Awards
since no one answered, I will give it a shot.

for the shrugs, I feel it most when I shrug up while pushing my shoulders back as if trying to get my shoulder blades to touch. At the bottom I push my shoulders as low as I can to get better rang of motion. I just started doing DB shrugs seated while leaning a little forward and it has been great so far. However, I see many doing it the same way you are, so go by how it feels and the mirror. The weight appeards too heavy in the video but that could be your range of motion.

for the DB press, it was hard to tell but it looks like your elbows are too far to the front? other than that, it looks good.
???

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think he got his threads mixed up.

Luka, a grip of greater than 1.5x the acromial span puts a lot of excess pressure on your shoulders, increases anterior delt recruitment, and reduces pec recruitment; therefore, my grip when bench pressing is just slightly greater than shoulder width. My grip for over head press aligns my thumbs to the outside of my shoulder, and my grip for barbell row is the same as bench press.

5.jpg

Br

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
yep sorry posting on ipad and i got threads mixed up

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
u_e_s_i Training Forum 4
whaz Training Forum 17
Training Forum 24
Training Forum 2