DB houlder press and trapbar shrugs form check

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
since no one answered, I will give it a shot.

for the shrugs, I feel it most when I shrug up while pushing my shoulders back as if trying to get my shoulder blades to touch. At the bottom I push my shoulders as low as I can to get better rang of motion. I just started doing DB shrugs seated while leaning a little forward and it has been great so far. However, I see many doing it the same way you are, so go by how it feels and the mirror. The weight appeards too heavy in the video but that could be your range of motion.

for the DB press, it was hard to tell but it looks like your elbows are too far to the front? other than that, it looks good.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
since no one answered, I will give it a shot.

for the shrugs, I feel it most when I shrug up while pushing my shoulders back as if trying to get my shoulder blades to touch. At the bottom I push my shoulders as low as I can to get better rang of motion. I just started doing DB shrugs seated while leaning a little forward and it has been great so far. However, I see many doing it the same way you are, so go by how it feels and the mirror. The weight appeards too heavy in the video but that could be your range of motion.

for the DB press, it was hard to tell but it looks like your elbows are too far to the front? other than that, it looks good.
Oh okay. I can tell you it is a ROM issue. My main concern was not rounding my back when lifting the weight. This is the ROM I have always used and the ROM I can use. What do you mean by elbows too forward?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Press looks pretty good Derek. Elbow positioning at the bottom of the ROM looks really good.

My only suggestion is in regards to finishing it. Drive your arms back such that your biceps are aligned with your ears.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
It is probably the lights and shadows, it looked like you were pressing from the front, I don't now to how explain it, but when I looked at the clip again I noticed that it is probably the shadow due to the light being behind

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is probably the lights and shadows, it looked like you were pressing from the front, I don't now to how explain it, but when I looked at the clip again I noticed that it is probably the shadow due to the light being behind
Are you referring to elbow positioning at the bottom of the ROM?

Br

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed with Zir. Good db press.